Hoiss Point Fire

IMG_1679.jpg

The Fire was started from a worn wire on the water generator. Water runs though a pipe from the lake above and turns the generator that provides a small amount of electricity to the lodge in the off season. No one was at the lodge at the time the fire started. It was reported by Nootka air in the morning and by the time the owner got there this is what he saw. Most of the buildings were new in 2006, major loss. I have spent many a great summer here and I hope to be back guiding for the lodge again this year.
Hoiss point is currently being rebuilt and should open for the fishing season.

www.fishhoisspoint.com

That was a bad fire, I fished there many times myself and always enjoyed staying at Hoiss Point and shooting the breeze with Bob. I hope that the new smaller lodge will be ready in time for the season. My cousin has been working on it all winter in Gold river helping to build the new one/temporary one for this season.

SWC

Well Bob took my booking for the end of July 07 he figures he'll for sure be up and running.Great place always had lots of the laughs till wea hours till Bob would yell at us to get to bed.LOL:D

Thank god he had concrete floats.... the floats are probably worth more than the buildings that were lost.... could have been a lot worse....

It did get worse; the floats where made ready to be tugged back to gold river for disposal of the debris. They lay at anchor. The winter storm broke them free of their moorings and lay them up on the rocks.
By the time the water settled enough for safe recovery a lot of damage had occurred to the Concrete floats.

Back