Hey Knuckleduster

• Thread starter Thread starter The Penguin
  • Start date Start date
T

The Penguin

Are we going to beat up some lings on sunday? I can't find your thread.

quote:Originally posted by The Penguin

Are we going to beat up some lings on sunday? I can't find your thread.
Well,current situation is one engine won't stay running. Just got back from the boat now. Reading my manual and going through everything I can think of. My mechanic has been so busy he hasn't been able to look at it. I'm not happy right now. I'll keep you informed.

not sure what kind of engines you have but I just had the same problem with my Yammy trolling motor and took it to Parker Marine in CR and they said was just the carb needed cleaning. Now running great.

4.3 mercruisers. ran great on sunday. now won't. starts but only runs for 30 seconds. also, sounds weak. like its not getting enough fuel. Each time it starts it seems to run for same length of time then quits. Like a switch is cutting off fuel. One mechanic is gone till next week , other one is booking into august. geuss its up to me.
Oh lord, we're in trouble.:(

Sorry to hear about your motor trouble, Knuckles. Perhaps you could find another mechanic to help you out. You probably already checked your fuel filters and lines. It could be something simple like a fuel pump or crap in the carb, both easy to fix. I hope this doesn't mess up any of your vacation plans.

Each engine has its own tank each with its own racon filter. I've checked for water.None. inline filter at engines are new. Poss electric fuel pump. Having twin engines I can borrow parts off other engine to test things. Had 1 downrigger without power on sunday. Worked on it tuesday night. Traced wiring through engine compartment. It ran under same engine.grounds to block and power comes from starter post. On its route it was jumbled around other wires next to oil pressure switch. This switch is for fuel pump. If it doesn't sense pressure, it shuts off fuel. Maybe I did something to it. Tonight I will try bypassing this switch. Figures crossed.
You know. As a kid I fished Active Pass day after day from my 12'springbok and 6 hp evinrude. No electronics. a pair of oars and a bucket.1 fishing rod. Life was simple. (and there were lots of fish)

Where are you guys meeting/leaving from sunday? knuckle buster if your boats still not working i might be able to get my dad to go out if you need a ride..were moored in maple bay but can pick up in cowichan, how far is the drive from where ever your meeting?

quote:Originally posted by nedarb2

Where are you guys meeting/leaving from sunday? knuckle buster if your boats still not working i might be able to get my dad to go out if you need a ride..were moored in maple bay but can pick up in cowichan, how far is the drive from where ever your meeting?
Thanks but I geuss everything is on hold for now. If my boat is fixed , fine. if not, I'll be working on it on sunday. I've got the long weekend booked at ganges marina for some family r&r so i must get this figured out.

buster check your filters again , i replaced filters 5 times once within 2 days , thinking that might clean the fuel tanks , but not . had them cleaned , rebuilt carb then all was good . my motor also only ran for a certian length of time and cut off , was so weird .

Back