Hello

• Thread starter Thread starter Eagle Quest
  • Start date Start date
E

Eagle Quest

My name is Dan I have been reading this forum for a year now (Thanks for the insight). I figured it was time to introduce myself. I have been living in Courtenay for the last 10 years. I live to fish! I use to live in Abbotsford and grew up fishing the Vedder River and any other lake, pond or stream holding fish or not. I love to fish for just about anything. I have my own business so I can get out quit often. My boat is a 16' Double Eagle.

My last Quest was to "The Hump" on Sunday. No fish but a beauty day none the less (I saw my first Orca). I heard one guy got two in the morning an 18 & 25 lb. I saw one fish caught when I was there. Must have been a 100 boats(Father's Day I guess).

Question: Can we keep lingcod from that area (1 - <26")?

I look forward to hearing from you, some more than others:D.

Welcome Dan
I also grew up in Abby and lived in Chilliwack for a spell so I'm sure we fished all the same water. The island rules for non stop fresh and saltwater fishing. Maybe we can hook up some time.
We welcome your contributions to this site.

Welcome to the forum Dan, I just move to Courtenay, I'm in a 542 Campion Explorer, if I see a couple of eagles on the water I'll pop over for a quick hello. You do the same.[8D]

Scooter

Thanks for the Regs. I caught 6 lings 4 over 26" & 8 rock cod in Campbell on Sunday and threw them all back. Good to know I can keep at least one over 26". Thanks for all the welcomes. I understand most of you are die hards like myself and I look forward to swapping some knowledge. It's a big ocean.

Welcome Eagle Quest quite a few members live in the area. I run a 17 calglass can't miss it, MyEscape down both sides. I also live in the Comox Valley. I am getting ready to move into a new house so haven't been out much and getting cranky about it, but might sneak out for a few hours to ply the water tommorow. If I do I will post a report.

Cheers ME

Back