Have You Tried a Wigglefin?

Seafever

Ever used one of these for trout?

I haven't myself yet...but maybe one of you has. It's a Wigglefin and goes maybe 6 inches in front of a fly or whatever. You could have it infront of a small barrel swivel off the main and then six inches of correct test leader... it puts plenty of action on a lure like that.
With an electric motor you should be able to get the right action/speed on it for trolling.
They come in two sizes (in the pic is the large one) and also come in Clear.
Not an employee of Wigglefin...but they have their own website.

Right now I'm going to run a couple on needlefish hoochies in the salt.

001.jpg

Cool.. always on the cutting edge... i imagine it gives a very erratic action to the lure .. maybe work good in front of a dew worm trolling for trout even..

Hey Jeffy...how's it going?

there's videos on their website of how these things work.......yes...they impart a lot of action on lighter tackle....

Have you bagged anything flyfishing yet?

Not yet, I managed to cast my buddies bag of bobers about 20 feet when i caught it on the back swing.. other then that i haven't had a go on the island as i have only been home for a couple days. might go camping at the lakes this weekend or maybe just a daytrip. my outboard is still in pieces but the parts have arrived just need to getter back together and see if it will run.

I have tied flies, leech patterns specifically that have a lip on them that creates a wobble similar to a crank bait, sort of similar to a wigglefin. Where did you get those wiggle fins from, I would like to try them

kunni

Kunni...they have their own website where you can order (Wigglefin).

I bought mine quite awhile back but am just now getting around to using them.

I also believe I saw them for sale at Gone Fishin one time.

Website has "rig-up" videos too.....

thanks, I am going to order some

kunni

WiggleFin - ActionDisc Video

Here's an underwater video that shows a whole range of baits from Kokanee bugs to 4.5" Salmon hootchies running with the ActionDisc.

[yZw4pS3rqHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZw4pS3rqHI

- Dean
WiggleFin Tackle, LLC.

The Wigglefin is a great add-on for your bait. The action is awesome and works on a wide variety of species. Give it a shot, I think you will be impressed.

Henry Nguyen
Legend Boats

Back