Hand Held GPS

Tips Up

I going to pick up a new hand held gps very soon. I am looking at the Lowrance Ifinder H20C or the Lowrance Ifinder Expedition C. Also the Navionics maps for the west coast.
The Expedition has a bit larger screen but the H20 has more pixels.
Expedition offers a compass and barometer.

Anyone own either of these? Any input?

Any chance anyone is upgrading and selling off one of these?

Thanks,

Tips

I've owned an I Finder H2O since they came out. It's performed flawlessly. I use it for both fishing and hunting with both nautical charts and topographic charts. Excellent product.

Go to the boat show this weekend G they will have some there to try and take your visa as you will see something bigger and better and may get the urge for it LOL.

Good luck Wolf

I've got an Expedition C. As far as I know, its the same as a H20c but with an MP3 player (which is useless),the electronic compass which is not very accurate, and a barometer. Other than that, the unit works great as a GPS.

In order to make the MP3 work, you'll have to buy another "attachment" for the headphones and change the SD card with the Navi charts to make it work. USELESS! If you want an MP3 player on the water, buy the $100 IPOD.

Note that the black and white Navi charts won't work in this unit. If you're upgrading from a black and white unit to the colour, you'll have to cough up another $300 for a new chart.

I priced it out at fitters on the weekend. They say they don't sell many H2O's since the Expedition came out. The Expedition sells for $349 and the chip is $299. If you are going to use it in the boat the stand is $60. add taxes now you are at $800. You can get a hell of a good plotter for same cash or a bit more. If you go for the H2O, you will save $100 bucks. If you are using it as a back-up or for hunting great unit. I have only heard one negative comment from a buddy who said the unit fogged up and wouldn't pick him up when he was on a westcoast flow. If you are interested work fitters hard on a deal. Get them to give you more off then just the taxes....

Back