Halibut on the inside of Barkley ...

abbyfireguy

Just wondering if there is any spots that produce halis inshore..Will be fishing Pill Point and out to Kirby maybe...Don't want to take my boat offshore to 7 mile or 23 mile as its not built for offshore cruising..
We will be staying at Kildonan Cannery Lodge for 4 days...

Thanks for any info

quote:Originally posted by abbyfireguy

Just wondering if there is any spots that produce halis inshore..Will be fishing Pill Point and out to Kirby maybe...Don't want to take my boat offshore to 7 mile or 23 mile as its not built for offshore cruising..
We will be staying at Kildonan Cannery Lodge for 4 days...

Thanks for any info

I'm not aware of anywhere in the Sound where you would be targeting Halibut. I'm sure that some are caught in the Sound each year, but I would think that May/June would likely be better times for that..

Try Tapaltos Bay (between Whittlestone and Little Beale and the green canbuoy) and around Folger and Bordelais; also between Whittlestone and Aguilar. You normally find halibut in those areas earlier in the year, but there may be a few still hanging around, especially if there is baitfish.

i know Coaster Channel has some spots and off of Effingham but I think it may be earlier in the season

Back