Grady White Marlin

• Thread starter Thread starter bhemi
  • Start date Start date
B

bhemi

I have a 1993 Grady White Marlin I brought up from Florida a few years ago. It is 280 it is essentially the same as the current 300. It has Merc 250 EFI's and I have spent a ton of money on it. Since I bought it I have done the following. I barely use it due to job commitments and a newer addition to the family. In the past 3 years I have done the following.

-Stripped the bottom to bare gelcoat,fixed all minor knicks,barrier coated it and new bottom paint.

-all new canvas, upholstery and curtains. Done in tasteful navy and beige sunbrella.

-brand new holding tank macerator pump and rebuilt the head

-Engines are 1997's and are around 300 hours total. One has new tilt motor. The other has new lower end and new tilt motor.

-All new seastar hydraulic steering including all hoses and fittings

-Raymarine electronics package -radar,gps,nav,depth sounder and dsc radio. $7,000 installed plus Clarion marine stereo.AM/FM CD (Satellite capable)

-Brand new (less than 5 hours) Kohler 5E generator professionally installed.

-New wash down pumps. Rebuilt live well pump. Brand new rear bilge pump.

-New alchohol/electic one burner stove.

-new Magma stainless BBQ side mounted on removable bayonet mounts.

- replaced a ton of fittings and latches for cosmetic purposes.

-two scotty Pro-pac extendable boom electric downriggers the best they sell. Outlets professionally installed

-3 batterys and switches less than 2 years old. look like new. Well serviced refilled reguarly with distilled water.

-Less than 30 hours on Merc 9.9 bigfoot saildrive kicker, linked sterring and quality powder coated aluminum mount. very clean install. (no power tilt I kick my butt).

-I use a huge (200 litres) $800 cooler with a nice cushion on top as a rear seat and fish box/beer cooler. Block of ice lasts a week it's so well insulated.

-Stored in a boathouse with a heater, hooked to shore power. I wash it every month and start it up every two weeks all winter. One touch starting.

Will look at interesting offers.

no current pics but I can get some quickly if there is real interest. The boat is in a shed in Coal Harbour in Vancouver.

quote:Originally posted by bhemi

no current pics but I can get some quickly if there is real interest. The boat is in a shed in Coal Harbour in Vancouver.

Bhemi.

Send me pics and a phone number. Private message me. I may be interested.

Did this boat have a Tower on it and was the work done at the Yard on Granville Island? If it is I remember the boat.

If that is the boat, you had a TON of work done on it, and that was quite the undertaking.

Thank You.

Was trying to ascertain value.....

I went to Yachtworld and viewed what was on there...

Bhemi...what are you asking for price?

My friend just bought a 1993 with 2001 250 Yammies from Pender Harbour for $43000 with anemic kicker. Boathouse kept. Doesn't need much.

For $43,000 I would buy another one. If the hull was good it's worth that with no engines. The only downside to mine is the Mercs. They are hard on fuel. However for $50,000 for a pair of new Yamahas I can buy a ton of gas. Also with a gennie and kicker I wouldn't want the extra weight. Loaded Grady's have a tendency to put the scuppers/cockpit drains just under water. Given a new one is nearly $300,000 with taxes and electronics I think mine has to worth nearly $100,000 given all the new gear.

Back