Grady owners

pescador

I find rolling up the rear curtains on my Grady a challenge. I'm always concerned about bending/cracking them given how heavy the plastic is. The way they wrap partially towards the side curtains means they usually kink up as you roll them up. If the weather is warm it helps, but, in colder weather its more challenging. Has anyone found a solution to this problem. I don't want to pull the curtains off completly as its handy to role them down if weather gets bad.

Hi Gord,
The port and starboard back corners of the enclosure I only roll up in Spring and Summer - always just rolled up center part in winter or on very cold days just left that down too with one side mostly unzipped. Never had a problem or concern with rolling up the corner sections when its well above freezing. Its possible that an older canvas/Isenglass will be more brittle but so far mine seems to roll well in average temperatures and above

Double roll them. What I mean is they loosen up after being rolled a few times. That said, probably a good idea to leave the corner ones alone until the day warms a bit if you can.

I do as Greg does too and leave the corners down unless its hot
, I fold up the lower canvas onto the Isinglass then roll keeping the roll as tight as I can,
did it in minus temps or very close to it last weekend no problems
Tim

Ok, sounds like a common thing we all deal with. Mine are in perfect condition and i just want to make sure i keep them that way.

Back