GOT A BEEF?

fishin_magician

If you've got 2 seconds..there's probably 1 thing you should be doing if you're passionate about our salmon and recreational saltwater fisheries.

Email the minister of fisheries:

Min@dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Loyola Hearn, Minister of Fisheries:

or

Stephen Harper, PM
pm@pm.gc.ca

quote:Originally posted by Pablo2079

Here is some basic background on Loyola Hearn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyola_Hearn

His appointment to the Fisheries and Oceans portfolio is quite consistent with a traditionalist appointment being that he was born in Newfoundland.

Right! Appoint somebody from an area with a good track record. How about Brian Tobin? Least he wasn't afraid of beuricrats in Ottawa or Portugal!

So do you like this or not? Any guy that likes sealing must not be too bad. I have not seen any bad news so far, and I am sure we could have a worse guy in that seat. In fact, as far as in shore salt water resource managemnet goes, I think they did a pretty good job this year. I have other thoughts about what happens in the rivers.

quote:Originally posted by totally tyee

Brian Tobin wasn't a half bad Fisheries minister

That is correct Brian Tobin actually stood up for what he believed in.

The problem with MOST Federal Fisheries Ministers is that they're INVISIBLE out here in the west.

HEY LOYOLA, HEY HARPER...come on out and we'll go fish the coast over for a week...and we'll show you just how POOR our fishery is and what the issues are!

Back