Glasstron Yes or No

Jencourt

I am looking at a 2004 glasstron cuddy with a04 150 yammy.

Not very familiar with glasstron.

Any knowlage on these boats would be much appreciated.

Cheers ray

I hear ya Owen. tough to find aluminum in the size I want for the money I have. I absolutely would prefer it though.

They use to be a good boat not sure any more are they still hand laid ? if so should still be a good hull. As for used Lucky Cans Stay with plastic, it's still floating in the ocean years later.

I owned a glastron for a couple if years, it was a great lake boat but horrible in the ocean. it was only 17ft mind you, however the next boat was a handlaid '85 18ft Sangstercraft witha deep v. it was an awesome boat for the ocean for it's size. stay with a well know and reputable boat hull like, hourston, double eagle, sea ray, pursuit, Grady, k&c, etc

Hey Hourston those tupperware boats crack and a hard to fix aluminum quick weld and back in business,

So true....Hey but if you know a bathtub repair man tupperware boats are ok just don't scratch them on the beach when enjoying your self some day on the water when the ramps and tides are in your favor.

Jencourt, with a budget of 20k you will never be able to get into a 20ft aluminum unless there's no motor or its old as hell. What I would do is call up Bellingham boatland and give them a budget with all costs in, to find you a 21ft striper w/a with a 150hp+ outboard (Yammy, Merc, Suzuki only). They will do a complete mechanical and survey on the boat before they purchase it for you. That is what I would do if I was going to drop 20k. If you are going to finance that 20k you can still make the arrangements with bellingham boatland and your local bank. Don't buy a boat bigger than 22ft unless you plan on guiding or you have deep pockets for the gas, I had a 24ft'r and the gas was out of this world. I got a 21.5ft boat and its about 40% less on fuel.

I've had the same plastic boat for 19 years and it still looks like a newer boat. Its had way more use than most and has stood up and served me well.

Jencourt, with a budget of 20k you will never be able to get into a 20ft aluminum unless there's no motor or its old as hell. What I would do is call up Bellingham boatland and give them a budget with all costs in, to find you a 21ft striper w/a with a 150hp+ outboard (Yammy, Merc, Suzuki only). They will do a complete mechanical and survey on the boat before they purchase it for you. That is what I would do if I was going to drop 20k. If you are going to finance that 20k you can still make the arrangements with bellingham boatland and your local bank. Don't buy a boat bigger than 22ft unless you plan on guiding or you have deep pockets for the gas, I had a 24ft'r and the gas was out of this world. I got a 21.5ft boat and its about 40% less on fuel.

thanks for that! ya CS had suggested the same thing as far as Bellingham boatland.Maybe I will have to look into it further?

Ah no not for that price good luck

Thats what I was saying. thats why I have been looking at glass boats. Sure I would like aluminum but I would like a boat big enough to run off shore now and then,but not so big that the fuel kills me. there for a 21 is kinda the right size I think
Cheers ray

Back