Galiano Salmon Classic - Sat. May 27, 2023

So who's all going to this thing? I'm coming with a VIP guest. I'll be on the docks Friday and Saturday night, likely cooking something delicious.
I’m down for a bbq flotilla. I’ll be based out of Miners bay. Let me know what slip you’re in and maybe I’ll swing by for dinner Fri, with my grill and something to compete with you of course…

I’m down for a bbq flotilla. I’ll be based out of Miners bay. Let me know what slip you’re in and maybe I’ll swing by for dinner Fri, with my grill and something to compete with you of course…
I'll be in a slip at Montague

Hey guys, I’m looking to cross over with wife and kids for the derby this afternoon and get camp set up. I’m getting conflicting wind reports. Government site says 10-20 which in that case I wouldn’t cross, kids like light wind or up 10 knots is the limit. Windy app says it’s light early afternoon. Just want to start the trip off on the right foot, any thoughts on wind around 2pm today would be appreciated. Launching from South arm around 1:30-2🍻

Hey guys, I’m looking to cross over with wife and kids for the derby this afternoon and get camp set up. I’m getting conflicting wind reports. Government site says 10-20 which in that case I wouldn’t cross, kids like light wind or up 10 knots is the limit. Windy app says it’s light early afternoon. Just want to start the trip off on the right foot, any thoughts on wind around 2pm today would be appreciated. Launching from South arm around 1:30-2🍻
It was right in between the two at 7AM. Not flat but not scary

Afternoon looks good, like it was yesterday. Laid right down

It’s pretty calm from the few miles I can see looking back across, at the moment. Should be good this afternoon I’d think

Getting some little guys in Booth, keeping the kiddos entertained, how’s everyone else doing? Anyone on a particular VHF channel?

Thanks again Cory for making the Salmon classic a success. We had a great day on the water and the kiddos got some fun out of the prize table too.

All 55 participants got prizes, but the winners of each category got first dibs, lots of great prizes, Maui Jim’s, lots of rods, HP downrigger, solar panels, art work, Pro V1’s, Yeti stuff etc etc

Fresh out of the ocean Saturday, into the brine Sunday, out of the smoker and vacuumed sealed Monday. Sharing the passion with the kids and passing down to them what we know along the way. From filleting, pulling pin bones, creating the pellicle with a small fan, etc. This is what we all want, the chance to share our passion with others we care about, to pass down family recipes and create lasting memories.

Attachments

• IMG_2140.jpeg
    IMG_2140.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2142.jpeg
    IMG_2142.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2143.jpeg
    IMG_2143.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 34
Back