Furuno 1650 Chartplotter/GPS/Sounder

Saltwater Cowboy

Does anybody else have one of these? I can't seem to get the stupid thing to work great as a sounder! I've read the little manual but I keep getting what it calls noise showing on the screen and I hardly pick up any fish or bait that I can identify anyway! I could use some help setting up the manual settings! Any help greatly appreciated!

SW COWBOY

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

Somebody has to have this unit out there! Please help! The manual settings are so confusing and the auto fishing set up sucks!

SW COWBOY

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

I hear you but I cant help you. Two years ago I replaced my boat that I installed a middle of the line model Hummingbird. Instructions and set up was easy and it was accurate.I put a Garmin on my new boat and I think someone Dylexic wrote the instructions. Hardly see bait and I catch salmon when theres no indications on the screen. Tring to experiment with the settings hasnt done much. It dosent take too much to Psss me off with that stuff so maybe another H Bird.
Good luck.

B Gibb

Try the Hull Truth website in the electronics forum. Someone there probably has one. I find it takes a little while to learn new sounders and tweak the settings and optimize transducer placement. Transducer placement is key, then try working on sensitivity settings and learning the image.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/category-view.asp

Back