Fuel Sending Unit

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
Was online today shopping for another fuel sending unit. Need a 16 inch fuel sending unit.

Need something good and I need it quickly and I don't want to spend $100+

Any suggestions?

Look in the phone book and support one of the local marine parts suppliers, I'm sure they would be happy to help you.
I bought one last year and about two years before that. I also bought a new gauge trying to solve this problem. All items bought locally here in the valley and I've never been happy with the final result. It's cost me a couple hundred dollars already. Time to try someting new, time for a change. Change is good, real good. The local shop installing my new motor does carry a tube style unit but it's much more then I want to spend replacing the unit once again. I recall a few months ago someone else looking for a tube style sending unit and I expressed it was very expensive and others helped showing that these unit were available and were quite inexpensive. Maybe someone is able and wants to help :)

I have had two of those floppy style senders installed. They are never even close reading the fuel level even on my trailer. They seem to only ever read one half of my tank. The top half or the bottom half correctly. Guess the bottom half is the better one to read :) It's stange as the tank in a cube. They seem so easy to install and adjust to get the perfect readings but it never seems to happen.

I was thinking about a Wema unit for about $25 US and have it shipped here. $25 plus shipping and exchange. About $70 if ordered today. But I want it now :) LOL I need ASAP You'd think I'd be able to buy local. I want to have it installed with my new motor and monitoring system next week.

image.jpg

Take a look at an NMEA 2000 network and interface between your new motor and your Lowrance. Will give you all kinds of information including fuel flow and fuel tank level. Pretty much eliminates the need for a mechanical fuel level system.

Oh ya the Nmea2000 will show me all sorts of great info but it's is recommend to run a Wema fuel sending unit to the gauge as well. Safely is key. Having to forms of measurement is a lot better then just one :)

Only thing I'll need after this in Shock Wave seat peds and auto pilot :)

your baby is going to be spanking.......lol
me wants to come fishing when you got her all sorted and dialed in

your baby is going to be spanking.......lol
me wants to come fishing when you got her all sorted and dialed in
Always willing to take others fishing. Going to be offering up sight seeing tours real soon so I can hammer thru the break in hours. Maybe a trip to Powell River, Lund, Deslation sound. Also thinking about burning 5 hours north through the straight and back. Something fun. Maybe a trip to Alert Bay for lunch and buy some art :)

Why so many senders? I would check to make sure the connection from the sender to the guage is great. Check it with an ohm meter to make sure no corrosion. As well as 12 volts to the power side of the meter. Also check from the ground connection of the sender to the battery for zero ohms. Also make sure your sender and guage are the same ohm requirements. There are different fuel gauges for full tank ohm value. I know at least one is zero to 10 ohms and another is zero to 90 ohms.

Well first gauge was replaced and still it wasnt reading right then sending unit was replaced. Took to shop and had another gauge and sending unit put in. It's then again was not correct so they adjusted again. While guess what it still does not read correctly. I've had it........ Done with this garbage. Installing Wema tube style sending unit and tying it into the Mercmonitor which will not only display on gauge it will display on my Simrad. It's going to be nice.....

Back