FRASER RIVER MOUTH

• Thread starter Thread starter pucks61
  • Start date Start date
quote:Originally posted by pucks61

ANYMORE FISH OUT FRONT OF THE FRASER ANYONE?

LOADS of fish out there. I mean loads, I was on the water 30 hours Sat, Sun., Mon--there's fish there...and catch 'em we did. Get on out. Just talked with one of my guide buddies, and it's still going on.

My name is Mike and I joined the forum just to answer this post. I was there the evening of the 3rd and the morning of the 4th. Saw exactly 1 fish caught among the 50-75 boats in my local group (we were right off the entrance to the north arm in 100-300 feet of water.) Very, Very slow. If anyone has a secret to this fishery, please tell all!!!!!

It was just bad luck barnettm. I was there night of Sunday the 3rd. They seemed to be mostly finning on the surface in very shallow to me that night. Got about 5 there at 20 to 40 feet down the rigger line. Even had one double header which was really exciting. We were circling in an area where the bottom went up and down like a roller coaster between about 30 feet and 90 feet deep just North of the end of the jetty about half a mile or mile. Everyone around us was hooking them. I have not had a day like that before. One guy following very close behind us for a bit, in a small (under 20 footer) with first nations art on his bow hit about 5 in 5 minutes right behind us around 5 or 6pm. Mine Capitan was whining that they picked em right out of our school. Whatever, we found that the stop and start - in and out of gear technique helped prompt them to bite sometimes after that. We dont have much experience with Socks but just happenned to luck out and get in there with them in shallows that day. I guess after all that, the best advice is to move around and try to find em.

barnettm, I too was out all weekend, and fished the north arm t-10 and then the lightship. My only advice is spend the extra 15 minutues and head to the south arm, as fishmagician said it is very good right now.

nerka

Thanks for the advice. We here in the Seattle area had a fantastic Lake Wa fishery (not open very often) and now are big sockeye fans (especially for eatin')

so if i am going out on sunday, my best bets would be the north arm t-10 and the lightship?

I'm heading out tomorrow at first light. Will post when I return...

quote:Originally posted by Nerka

barnettm, I too was out all weekend, and fished the north arm t-10 and then the lightship. My only advice is spend the extra 15 minutues and head to the south arm, as fishmagician said it is very good right now.

nerka

One more day. Sockeye CLOSES in the Salt for the season Sunday at midnight.

North Arm has been dead for the last 2 weeks. T10 and preferably the lightship are the places to go. The flood tides are pushing them up to the T10.

Glad this frickin' sockeye fishing is over. Had enough of targetting them.

Tons of socks out there this morning. I was alone ...and forgot my net, ...and the rods were going off all over: just lifted my limit out of the water and into the boat. [8D] Sweet.

Lots of sox off the North Arm this AM. 23# spring was a bonus:D. My 8 yr old daughter was cool as a cuke, netting just like a pro. Made me real proud...

WOW some awesome reports! I would bet there will be a million boats out tomorrow since it's going to be the last day of the year... and supposed to be a nice day(a bonus). How deep were you guys fishing?? or are they just all over?

About sixty feet (or less) for socks. Unlike last time, I didn't find a spring while hunting socks ...but there's always tomorrow. :D

yea i believe so.... but im having second thoughts after today.... what a disappointment

quote:Originally posted by waddy

yea i believe so.... but im having second thoughts after today.... what a disappointment

For the guys out there that wanted to BRAVE the SW'er...as my fishin addict buddy in his high dollar Grady 282 Sailfish found out today, there are whites out there. He ran to Active early this morn, and hauled 2 in the mid-20's. Whites. Shallow on the East Side about 500 yards from the light in tight to the kelp. Magic depth? 60 feet. Anchovies, NO FLASHERS. Get the biggest anchovies you can get from Berry's. 6 inch chovies with...get this...rigged with 5/0 hooks!

He even saw a small pod of Orcas come passing through.

Guess what fish are comin' our way in Vancouver? YAHOO!

Back