Found.

bullyjack

Built this with my dad 35 years ago. He gave it to me and 20 years ago i was in a bad place in my life and gave away the boat. On sat on craigslist i seen it , called the gut and he remembered me, so i bought it back. With the passing of my dad in jan of this year, kinda feels like karma. The guy even through in a 2hp 4 stroke honda that hasn't even gone tbeoygh a full tank of fuel.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    679.8 KB · Views: 224
Nice to hear bullyjack!
I think you're right about the karma.
I remember getting a really nice small spotless outboard from my grandfather 35 years ago and I traded it with cash on a new to me at the time boat. always regretted doing that due to the sentimental value. just lessons we learn in life I guess. I'm kinda the opposite now and have a hard time letting anything go that has sentimental value attatched.
have a good one,
bigd

Ya, the guy did a great job taking care of it. He threw in a honda 2hp 4strokethat hasn't had a full tank of gas run . I remember catching alot of fish in this boat.

That's very cool - sorry about your Dad. It will bring back lots of good memories for sure.

Nice to get the boat back.

I have an old 12 foot tinny my dad bought in the 1950's which I grew up fishing in. I use it occasionally. It's beat to hell, leaks like a sieve but there's no way I'd part with it.

If that boat could talk, the tales it could tell... So many fun days were spent in that little tinny and still having some great days in it with my kids on our annual summer vacation. I wouldn't have the heart to part with it.

Thanks everyone. My 24' searay is brokedown and to big for me to launch on myown, so on the days i dont have someone to go with this will work great. I shouldn't have sold my manual downriggers.

Nice to get the boat back.

I have an old 12 foot tinny my dad bought in the 1950's which I grew up fishing in. I use it occasionally. It's beat to hell, leaks like a sieve but there's no way I'd part with it.

If that boat could talk, the tales it could tell... So many fun days were spent in that little tinny and still having some great days in it with my kids on our annual summer vacation. I wouldn't have the heart to part with it.

Me and a fellow member UglyBetty made the leakiest boat in the world watertight. We re-peened all the rivets, then coated the inside with the material you spray in box liners. Cost $ 50 if I recall. We used to fish all over the Pitt River sloughs and back channels for cutties. Back when I was a hardcore fly fisherman.

Back