Ford 7.3 project

mikep

Have a project that I have been working on for a few years, I ended up getting a new truck so there is no need for 2 diesels in my life ahaha.

This was supposed to be a truck I was going to keep for a long time but now with 1 kid and a 2nd on the way the super cab just doesn't fit any more :(.

I wanted to see if there is any interest on here before I go to Facebook.

High level detail's:

2001 7.3 and auto transmission + tcase, engine had 275KMS on it when I shut it down running - engine has new head gaskets, valve stem seals, head bolts, exhaust manifolds, valve covers, oil cover gaskets, low pressure oil pump, oil cooler was cleaned up painted and re-sealed with OEM gaskets, new oil pan, new rear main seal. Injectors will need new orings.

Engine was wire wheeled to clean and painted with steel-it paint, only reason head gaskets were done was because the some of the head bolts had heavy corrosion. Lots of stuff has been done on this engine in terms of new parts. boxes of additional parts to come with it. Most new still in the box

2007 F250 2WD frame and white super cab body, this was the donor truck as the 2001 was done. Frame was media blasted to bare metal, primed with 2 coats of epoxy, 2 coats of steal-it paint. Cross members, radius arms, drive shafts and most misc. steel parts went through the same process..
2001 dash and electrical already swapped into cab, bottom of the cab was wire wheel cleaned, treated with Ospho, coated with 2 coats of rust bullet and top coated with steel it silver..
2001 XLT interior was in great shape and will fit into the 07 cab
axels are from an 08 and 2012, 3.73 gearing, both were media blasted and painted with the same epoxy and steel it top coat.
front axel is apart, have new Spicer U joints installed, new Spicer ball joints need to be installed but are included. basically its clean and ready to go back together
rear axel is a 2012 10.5 with electric locking diff - again it is apart but have all new parts to reassemble
rear leaf springs are from a 2012 and are ready to go into the truck.
have all new stainless steel brake lines etc...

I don't even want to add up where I am at with this project. I would like to see it go to someone who has the time to complete it.

I would like $5K for everything, pretty firm on that number considering the work to date. I would consider parting it out but would like to see it go in one shot. Truck is located on the sunshine coast in Gibsons.

Last edited:
Back