Ford 7.3 cps recall

Tailspin

For those with the 7.3 powerstrokes with the wonderful cps failure issue. Been through only one myself luckily.

Ford recalls 1.17 million vehicles for engine flaw
14 accidents associated with the problem, but no injuries reported

Ford Motor Co. said Thursday it is recalling 1.17 million trucks, sport utility vehicles and vans to fix an engine sensor that could lead to engine stalling.

The recalled vehicles are all from the 1997-2003 model years with 7.3 liter diesel engines, including the Ford E-Series van, Excursion full-size sport utility vehicle, and F-450 Super Duty and F-550 Super Duty trucks.

The recalled vehicles are all from the 1997-2003 model years with 7.3 liter diesel engines, including the...

Hey Justin. Saw your truck the other day at the Petro on the HWY. I assume this is what you were getting fixed.

No Nick the Ford never dies, lol. A budddy and i just do the car pool thing to work and go from there.

A CPS is cheaper than Chevy injectors failing on the Durry though eh Jack;)

My CPS went out in the Snow on my girlfreind, i went to the rescue with new one in hand, yet it starterd up so i made the run towards home and she died in the midlde of Shawnigan lake road in traffic with snow filled shoulders[xx(]

I believe the actual recall comes out Dec 17th. Even the aftermarket sensors pack it in without warning, so i don't know how they call it fixed by swapping them out for a new one? You still need one in the glovie for a spare. 2 bolts and a plug done.

I acually just bought one a couple weeks ago.
it has 65,000km do I have to worry about he cps because of the k's ? what is the cps ?
I didnt want to sell the mustang but after driving the truck around I would say it goes better then the 5.0, sure are fun to drive the 6 speed

truck.jpg

I sure hope it pulls the boat better then the straight 6 :D

I just got off the horn with Ken Evans in Duncan, the (CPS) or Crankshaft positioning sensor recall is here. Ford has allegidly got a new sensor that is said not to fail. My truck is in at noon tommorow for one. They will pay for any recipts on previous sensors as well[^]Pay day is here!
Salty , if it has the Powerstroke 7.3, it is affected and will inevidibly die on you, usually at the worst time, like a fishing trip to winter Harbour. You will like the towing power, Sweet ride and nice wheels!

thank you...... so I just take this to a ford dealer ship and I dont have to payfor the replacement even if I dont have any kind of warranty ?

It had some "grampa" tires on it so I picked those up rims, and a lift. looks a little better.

TAILSPIN...is that glove box big enough for all those spare parts for that Ford, or are you getting mixed up between the 6.5' box and the glove box eh;).

Don't forget Ford injectors aren't cheap...lol

Thats why I feed mine lotsa GAS:)

I'd rather deal with a company that actually does public recalls rather than trying silent recalls and burying other defects (Toyota).

LOL i just got a new truck 2 weeks ago, yeah 7.3L powerstroke diesel. 80,000kms ect for 8500$ the guy sold it so cheap cause he said the engine was hooped. Didnt run right. I bought a new CPS installed it and dove off! The guy didnt have a clue what i did!

Back