? for wolf

the runt

Hi wolf,hope you had a good Christmas.Have ?.I saw a while back on the posting on wire.This wasn't brought up,My wire gets a lot of frays I'm using scotty wire.It's 2 yrs.old I'm planning to replace it,one side broke anyway.Any idea what causes frays.How often do you change.Knowing your a guide your's takes more abuse than most.thanks

thanks the runt

Just a question. Where are your frays occuring on the cable?
Are you using the alligator type clips?
Most fraying occurs due to stress of some sort (accute angles in cable)
I run my electrics about 1000 hours a year and never have frays. But I don't use anything that will kink or deform the cable either.

boc

quote:My wire gets a lot of frays I'm using scotty wire.It's 2 yrs.old I'm planning to replace it,one side broke anyway.Any idea what causes frays.
Well 2 years is 1 (one) year too many.

Well hello all!!!!!!!!!! As blueorca says stress is the most common factor the wire on mine is about 3 years old now but I use sevenstrand and I use proper a crimp tool to crimp the ends and I use a really good swivel (sampo)on the clip because I use fin weights you need a good swivel system because if you dont it will bind the wire which results in fraying Scotty wire is ok too its just a personal preferance.

Hope that helps Wolf

Thanks all,I use 13lb stainles steel rods about foot and a half long 3inches thick but no swivel, it be must spinning around.I"llget a good swivel.

thanks the runt

That should make it better.

One little question for ya. Why stainless? Lead is MUCH cheaper.........

Some like it rough...
Others just puke!.

Mr. Dean

I use stainless because i get them for free i work at a dairy they are the push rods out of a large pressure pump.Next time i'm at twin rinks i'll bring one for you.

thanks the runt

Back