For All you Island Guys

Pippen

Howdy...

I am going to be over on the northern and western side of the island in the next couple of weeks. I will be up Hardy/McNeil way and also over in Tofino and Ucluelet. I was wanting to do a day of fishing with a guide but not looking to spend $500++ if it is just me. Is Canadian Princess out of Ucluelet pretty much the only one that is not going to blow the bank on a day for a single person??

Thanks in advance for any info.

I have fished the Canadian Princess OBMG. They had pretty good gear and the guides I had were good. We did fish a little later in the year but we all limited out.

Pippen is that you from BCFR??? I'll be in Port Renfrew from the 28th to 1st got my new tub with me.

We often arrange shared charters, as we get a lot of single walk-ins to our Booking Office/Tackle Shop in Tofino.

Check us out at www.tofinofishing.com and give us a call or stop in to put your name on the shared list. There are no guarantees that we will have shared trips available on your specific dates, but it is very probable.

Fishing has really lit up recently, for Chinook, Coho and Halibut.

Jay

1-888-534-7422 (888-5FISHBC)

I would check out the princess the day before see how the fishing is. Went out in late june last year to "save" money and for the 15 people on the boat 1 chinook 1 coho 1 halibut. Definite let down. But if the fish are there may be okay.

RS

Find someone to pair up with and go with a small owner operator fishing guide. you should be able to get his expertise and one side of his boat to your self for $250 for the best part of the day. fishing from the big ship is like fishing from the dock in a line up.[V]

We did a bunch of fishing last year out of Ucluelet and had the opportunity to witness the princess boats in action. We also had a guide a couple of years ago out of Ucluelet who had worked those boats for a period of time.

Two words for you: Gong Show.

Run, do not walk, to any guiding operation that will pair you up with a few other guests on a smaller boat. You'll be very glad that you did.

We did a bunch of fishing last year out of Ucluelet and had the opportunity to witness the princess boats in action. We also had a guide a couple of years ago out of Ucluelet who had worked those boats for a period of time.

Two words for you: Gong Show.

Run, do not walk, to any guiding operation that will pair you up with a few other guests on a smaller boat. You'll be very glad that you did.

Back