flourocarbon leaders

• Thread starter Thread starter rainbow one
  • Start date Start date
R

rainbow one

Can someone explain to me the advantages and disadvantages to using flourocarbon leaders. Are they really that much better than your standard maxima 30lb clear. From what I am hearing this type of line is popular. In my area nobody has the heavier wieght flourocarbon lines over 20lb.Where would I get the heavier leaders and what type is recommended?

All I have heard is that the stuff is expensive, generally used for leaders and it is really stiff with no stretch.

All I have heard is that the stuff is expensive, generally used for leaders and it is really stiff with no stretch.

Yeah, kinda new to this site but found some archived info and the general idea is that it is too expensive, stiff and doesn't make much difference. I think I will stick to the old standby of maxi 40lb. unless someone can shange my tinkin.

Yeah, kinda new to this site but found some archived info and the general idea is that it is too expensive, stiff and doesn't make much difference. I think I will stick to the old standby of maxi 40lb. unless someone can shange my tinkin.

ive tried all the knots your supposed to use and have broken leaders with them all. I will stick to a perlon leader, very seldom problems. does it make a difference to the fish? I think you would get the bite anyway.

ive tried all the knots your supposed to use and have broken leaders with them all. I will stick to a perlon leader, very seldom problems. does it make a difference to the fish? I think you would get the bite anyway.

Back