fixing a wet cell phone

D

dog

Advice: dont keep your cell in your shirt pocket.

I dropped mine in the water twice while hooking up the winch to the boat at the remp. Once in English Bay. The second time in the Fraser at Steveston. ... but I got it working both times, and the latest success satory was my sons cell that went through the wash twice in a pair of jeans.

Both phones are back in action.

The fix was simple. Open all the jack plugs and antenna holes etc and remove the battery and sit it in front of a hair blow dryer ON COLD for an hour or two. Good as new.

you've done better than i have.
i have lost one overboard, fallen out of my pocket
while netting a fish.
dropped another in the ocean and it fried instantly
tried drying it out with no success.
good idea though, hope i don't have to try it too soon ![xx(]

Hey, Dog. I recently had the same issue, wet cell phone and digital camera. The camera went to a shop to get dried out but the phone, I did just as you said. I dried it out with a hairdryer then let it sit for 48 hours just to be sure it was perfectly dried out. Put it all back together and it worked like a charm.

The phone was turned on when it fell in the water too, was suprised it worked after, I had written it off.

I dropped my digital camera into the river while fishing for cutthroats. Not a good feeling to see your camera in its case floating down the river beside you.

It went on the frtz for awhile, but I guess it just needed some time to dry out. It works fine now. Needless to say, I have a waterproof case for it now.

FishWish

Hey guys
Yea i did the same thing twice, with two different phones, pretty dumb eh!
First time i was putting the boat on the trailer at harbour quey ramp and it fell in. I dried it out with a blow dryer but eventually a few weeks later it died.
Then i was fishing at papermill dam and it fell into the river. Bad thing was it was my old mans cell phone. I dried that phone out with a blow dryer and phone has worked fine since, and that was a few years ago. The old man didnt even notice. It just shows how the salt water eats equipment.

cheers
spanky

i dried out my phone like that, it still works. But some of my buttons dont work .. any idea on what to do ?

Isoprophyl alcohol,eyedropper onto button cavities,wait few seconds punch each button few times

quote:Originally posted by pandalove

i dried out my phone like that, it still works. But some of my buttons dont work .. any idea on what to do ?

I had one end up in the toilet :D (it's a long story) it was toast. I went to Rogers and found out I was eligible for a "hardware upgrade". Took advantage of that, for 20 bucks I walked out with a new phone. If you have a plan with Rogers or Telus, go talk to them. They may help you out.

I truly do not thnk any of us out there hasn't dropped a phone or pgr or camera in the water at one time or a nother

keep on trucking people it won't matter in 5 yrs

Back