fishing spoons with or without flasher

• Thread starter Thread starter scottyboy
  • Start date Start date
S

scottyboy

your thoughts and experiances fishing spoons with flashers or using a dummy flasher, i personally think the action of the spoon is way different . last year i sorta tried it , but the fishing was slow that day so i stayed with what i know , playing flashers isn`t as fun .

tight lines

If you don't like fighting the flasher, why don't you change over to Gibbs Farr Better Flasher. I, like many, won't fish with any other rig.
I now make my own releases, but you can also buy the leaders pre-made.
Fish on, flasher releases from rear pin, and just like that..no flasher resistance.
I don't always use flashers, but when I do, this is the only way, IMHO.

boc

Is there ay difference in the action of the "Gibbs Farr Better Flasher" as compared to the "fixed" flashers? I've never used one and really don't know much about them. Years ago I tried the Xtractor flashers (same concept) with so so success. I have it admit, having the flasher release and ride up the line, leaving only the fish to fight, was great. I'd be interested in what anybody has to say about Gibb's performance.

Slabby

the gibbs farbetter flasher has 3 settings for different rotations of the flasher theres the regular rotation then a tighter faster rotation and a slower wider rotation, ive used it with great success for sockeye....

cheers steelyman

Back