Fishing Oak Bay (August, September)

John Ingram

Because of a very limited shore fishing season this year and because I rarely get out in a boat. I would like to know if anyone would be willing to take me on as a fishing partner this August and September. I do have an operator's certificate and am willing to cover some of the fuel and bait. I have lots of trolling and mooching gear that rarely gets used.

Thanks,
John I.

John as I am a former Victoria shore fisherman that I am pretty sure has stood beside you on a rock point at sometime in the past. I would be willing to take you out in my boat. Med. size sport boat has a head etc. That is as long as you do not mind fishing out of Sooke. If you want some to eat you can catch and keep lots of Pinks this summer and the occasional OK sized clipped Ho in July off Sooke. I live in Victoria so we could travel out together. Send me a private message with your ph. no. if interested.

Perhaps someone else could also take you out off Oak Bay/Vic.

Last edited:
John as I am a former Victoria shore fisherman that I am pretty sure has stood beside you on a rock point at sometime in the past. I would be willing to take you out in my boat. Med. size sport boat has a head etc. That is as long as you do not mind fishing out of Sooke. If you want some to eat you can catch and keep lots of Pinks this summer and the occasional OK sized clipped Ho in July off Sooke. I live in Victoria so we could travel out together. Send me a private message with your ph. no. if interested.

Perhaps someone else could also take you out off Oak Bay/Vic.

Morning rockfish,
Thanks for the fast reply... Much appreciated. I would love to do some fishing in the Sooke area., haven't fished out there for maybe 4-5 years.
As I'm new to the forum I'm not to sure how to send a private msg. off forum But you can email me and I can get you my location and phone number
at the email below. Let me know the area of the city you are in and we'll get together for a coffee. Thanks again for the reply.

John I.

Last edited:
I sent you a private message John. Look for it in your in box. It is very easy to send one. Just click on their user name then click on Start A Conversation.

If I were you I would edit your last message and delete your email address from your last post. Data miners tend to grab them and you could get added to junk mail lists.

Last edited:
Back