Fishing in CHilliwack/Vedder River

• Thread starter Thread starter Dude
  • Start date Start date
D

Dude

I am planning on going out to Chilliwack around 6am tomorrow morning from richmond.
I plan on going fishing the chilliwack/vedder river.....I am a newbie to salmon fishing this year...had a blast during the socks ...I need some adivce as to how many lb line i need to use and leaders....as well as what types of fish in there to catch right now?? any helpful tips would be great ..also the types of lures?? bait?? whoool?? anything helps hah.

cheers

DUDE,you just have to get out there and check-out [watch] what's going on.Get a feel for the water conditions and put hours into the sport!Weekend warriors rarely hookup with fish.....You will always get more fish with lighter gear[clear water] 10lb test will bring most fish in if you can run!:)

Dude go with someone who knows how to fish the Vedder properly and then put your time in...everyone has to start somewhere.

Dude......... where's my car???

Sorry, i couldn't help myself [}:)]

Dude

I agree with most of what's been posted. Get out there and see what others are doing. The biggest difference to fishing the river for coho and springs is that it is not a bottom bouncing fishery like sockeye. Light line 12 to 15pound mainline of mono and not braided with leaders lighter. Floats set at the right depth using wool or roe asbiat will bring you success. Jest get out there and give it a try.

Most important is ediquite when out there. Bring in your gear when another angler has a fish on.

Have fun an post reports of you're outings

Something to consider when heading to the Vedder. Cultus Lake sockeye salmon are now making their way into the Vedder, during the prime time for coho salmon. Hatchery raised Cultus Lake sockeye salmon are adipose clipped and need to be released, so Fisheries and Oceans Canada is reminding people to double check their catch before dispatching so they don't misidentify a hatchery marked sockeye salmon as a hatchery marked coho salmon.

Here is a poster that everyone can print out and carry with to the Vedder. The same poster is available along the Rotary Trail.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/fishy_news/file/100928-1.doc

Rodney Hsu, Fishing with Rod, My blog, My YouTube channel, My Facebook page

Back