Fishing and Boating Business

I spend over 30k a year on my website and I wish mine was as simple as theirs, less BS inquiries and spam!
30K is wild. I had our actual email addresses on ours originally but it was getting annoying so I pulled them off. I still get the odd spam through the "contact us" form which is probably where some of your spam is coming from. But, maybe mis spell the email on your contact page and it can't be searched as easily by bots. Put a space in the email and put (@) to split it up

30K is wild. I had our actual email addresses on ours originally but it was getting annoying so I pulled them off. I still get the odd spam through the "contact us" form which is probably where some of your spam is coming from. But, maybe mis spell the email on your contact page and it can't be searched as easily by bots. Put a space in the email and put (@) to split it up
Yeah, Google has been the best for spam but when you have thousands of visitors every month there will be dozens of scammers. They impersonate me, my employees, it's an arms race. 30k includes support from our delvoper and lots of saas ad ons.

Does anyone know where these two retail stores for sale are? The flag ship store is 5,000 sq ft. The other is 1,500 sq. ft. Asking price seems very steep for retail but nice to see they are online. https://canada.businessesforsale.co...ckle-stores-in-british-columbia-for-sale.aspx also a hunting/fishing store in West Kelowna https://canada.businessesforsale.co...lated-businesses-for-sale-in-british-columbia
sure sounds like Fred's custom Tackle. He is the exact same age as me (67) so it would make sense that he would be retiring

Usually sales price is a multiple of revenue....I’d want a peek at the books to confirm that level of revenue year after year for the two locations

1.6M inventory on hand, 3.6 gross sales, cash flow is 510k? First off that 1.6m in inventory seems really high and they are turning it 2x per annum? Again, gotta see the books it's all just smoke and mirrors at this point.

Private Equity firms are partnering in business aquisitions, and are the lead investors in a lot of sales these days.

We have clients in that business and they are very sophisticated buyers looking for annual revenue streams that they can boost though a series of aquisitions and taking advatantage of economies of scale.

Our company was aquired last year by one of these organizations. It was a pat on the back to meet all their tests and get to the point where a sale was possible.

About 10 years ago we could see this being one of the probable and possible outcomes of the business and built an organization that would meet the criterea of a good aquistion. In other words build a profitable, and well run company, and don't be stupid when you are selling.

We set things up from the get-go to be an attractive aquistion, and it was the seemingly little things that we had in place that made us a an attractive purchase.

For example, we had always used a top tier international law firm as counsel. That paid off in spades because the company was structed in such a way that it was easy to sell and tax advantageous to us as sellors to make a deal.

It also saved both sides a lot of time and money in legal fees becasue both sides legal counsel knew what needed to be done.

You are way better off paying for 50 hours at $800.00/hour and getting a deal, that paying for 100 hours ar $350/hour and have the other side walk away because your counsel has no clue and frustrates the buyer.

You don't want to have set up your company in such as fashion that a sale is awkward or impossible.or that you end up in a poor tax position that could have been avoided.

I'm fairly sure the egmont listing was up in the past few years too, what an awesome spot.

Actually I take that back...the one just past the back eddy was for sale I believe. Anyway we should pool our money and make it the sfbc out station. I'm in for a C note who's with me hahaha

Back