Fishing and Boating Business

I just took a deep dive into a fishing-related business, and almost bought it, but we were too far apart on the value of the business. I'm keeping my eye open for fishing, outdoor clothing and boating businesses for sale or potentially starting one. Is anyone looking at starting a business, selling one, or looking for partners in these spaces? Feels like the best way to have a 1 Million Dollar Fishing/Boat/Clothing Business is to start with 10 million, I don't know if this comes from the airline industry but seems like it rings true for many 'passion' businesses.

Would love to go fishing and chat business and am happy to chat with members anytime about even non-fishing related businesses.
Anchor a barge over one of the offshore banks even move it around a bit or large ship and run taxi service back and forth restaurant on site and bait and tackle maybe overnight accommodation
Friend of mine said they did that off Catalina island back in the day
Not the over night thing just day fishing
But hey a lot to be said for a semi permanent base offshore
But what do I know I slide down mountains with 140,000 lbs behind my back for a living most people don’t want to do that either lol

Anchor a barge over one of the offshore banks even move it around a bit or large ship and run taxi service back and forth restaurant on site and bait and tackle maybe overnight accommodation
Friend of mine said they did that off Catalina island back in the day
Not the over night thing just day fishing
But hey a lot to be said for a semi permanent base offshore
But what do I know I slide down mountains with 140,000 lbs behind my back for a living most people don’t want to do that either lol
There was a cowboy guide service that used to run up and down the coast in a mothership with sleeping accommodation's with a bunch of guide boats. Seasonal local businesses are tough, as baby boomers age out and fishing restrictions increase. If there was a fishing spot of Vancouver, would be a good business but we are a long way from the LA population and boating season.

There was a cowboy guide service that used to run up and down the coast in a mothership with sleeping accommodation's with a bunch of guide boats. Seasonal local businesses are tough, as baby boomers age out and fishing restrictions increase. If there was a fishing spot of Vancouver, would be a good business but we are a long way from the LA population and boating season.
Wasn’t there I big boat operation out of ukee back in the day too

The puker fleet. OBMG i believe ran it. basically 12 pack with a deck hand and a captain. get over the bait and jig everything up they could.
They were very successful for many years. I’m friends with a few of the old skippers and they are incredible charter guides In Tofino and Ukee now. Their ambitious marketing put our west coast Vancouver island fishery on the map and I personally gained many customers thru those visits via their own planes. Bob Wright was a true pioneer.

Kaelc are you still looking for a business?

I own an architectural metal business in Vancouver for the past 10 or so tears. It’s quite specialty between custom work, furniture, wall panels and other decorative products. Blackened steel, stainless, brass copper etc. We should talk if that sounds interesting to you.
I even have a killer stainless spoon that has gone through a few stages and they are unique and work very well.
Cheers 🍻

Kaelc are you still looking for a business?

I own an architectural metal business in Vancouver for the past 10 or so tears. It’s quite specialty between custom work, furniture, wall panels and other decorative products. Blackened steel, stainless, brass copper etc. We should talk if that sounds interesting to you.
I even have a killer stainless spoon that has gone through a few stages and they are unique and work very well.
Cheers 🍻
Thank you! I have my eyes open, but I'm stalled on my hunt. My main business is in full battle stations mode, trying to survive while I try to enjoy the summer with family. I also have three youtube channels that I need to invest more time and money into as well, so I have to manage my energy. I need to get over to see two members in Vancouver who I've connected with who have great businesses and would love to have coffee with you, but being in Victoria, buying a Vancouver business would have to be pretty turnkey. If I was younger ASM would be great, I know dozens of guys on the cladding side and a few on the specialty.

Back