Fire Fish Lures?

Big Joe

I just have to find out. Am I the only one who bought these at $25.00 a pop, to have dismal results? Kiln fired glass lures made in Campbell River.

i saw them in a b.c outdoors article last year
can't say i was too impressed and it does not surprise
me that they don't work, but.... $25.00 a pop ?????

Had some given to me by the owner two years ago, just another tool in the kit.
Works sometimes (depending on what hootchie is attached) but make great Christmas ornaments too.
I found that they work really well for various bottom fish as a slow troll or a jig.

Yup, $25.00 a pop, interesting on the bottom fish hint, but being made of glass??? Might as well buy some plastic anchovie.(the fire fish do make nice christmas ornaments though)

quote:Originally posted by Big Joe

I just have to find out. Am I the only one who bought these at $25.00 a pop, to have dismal results? Kiln fired glass lures made in Campbell River.

I would ask for a refund....or tell him you'll be spreading the word among all the fishing forums that his lure doesn't work as advertised.........................and that he's a crook.

That should get you a refund.....

I found these lures to be all they said.... very productive for me..I catch fish with all my lures....but it seems some are more productive then others...however, some people fish all day and do not catch fish, while using the same lures as everyone else is does and they do not catch fish...so my question to you is; do you catch fish consistently with your other lures?? or are there other things you might do to improve your catch stats?? there are some good books available, depending on what you are fishing for......is it the tool or is it the craftsman? perhaps that is the real question to answer...

quote:Originally posted by ziggie

I found these lures to be all they said.... very productive for me..I catch fish with all my lures....but it seems some are more productive then others...however, some people fish all day and do not catch fish, while using the same lures as everyone else is does and they do not catch fish...so my question to you is; do you catch fish consistently with your other lures?? or are there other things you might do to improve your catch stats?? there are some good books available, depending on what you are fishing for......is it the tool or is it the craftsman? perhaps that is the real question to answer...

Well...I think the real proof of the pudding is that the lures probably don't work.

I'd love to list a bunch of lures which have bit the dust 'cuz they don't produce a darn thing unless there's fish practically jumping in the boat...

1. Tomic Terminator---or should that be halibut hootchy actionizer.
2. Charlie White's "The Lure" among a few others
3. Luhr Jensen's "Spinnin' Minny"
4. Luhr Jensen's "Cut Plug"
5. Rex Field's Plugs---sorry...Tomic blew you out of the water.
6. Henry Smith's Plastic spoons---sorry..the regular cafeteria fare probably outfished these...LMAO!

I could go on an' on and on but ultimately...the FACT is, if something works well...it'll stand the TEST of time and take off on it's own---NO marketing needed.

Do any of you really know how to fish, even? Eman? What a name? I have caught numerous 30 pound plus fish with the Firefish.... and I'm a lady, now I am onto Firefish Lucky lady series, where I just pulled out a Chinook in Thompson river, also a 12 lb brown trout in Savona, also, I have seen numerous other fish that these lures have caught, most are saying, they have caught the biggest fish of their lives, with the Firefish, so what are you men doing wrong? Possibly not even trying the lures? And what your saying is all just simply another story cause you never caught anything, and are simply crying about it?? Hmm? Yes, I think this to be more of what's going on! Yes, MY FIREFISH LURES CAUGHT HUGE MO FO FISH ! 42 pounds have been my largest, so what are you guys doing wrong, I have one of each best colour and now onto the fresh water series 5 new ones that are slaying em, why don’t you all check out the latest in B.C Out Mag, or the end of the last season for island fisherman? Eman, who r you anyways? Do you even fish? This message goes out to all you wanna B big boy fisherman,.....FIREFISH LURES CATCH BIG FISH....the biggest fish! 25.00 bucks is that all you got? What r u spending in stores anyways these days, hmmm, line, hootchies, all your little he said she said b **** lures that work??? Hmm? I wonder how much more money you'll spendbefore you realize that 25.oo dollars catches you the biggest fish, and you get a cool case for dual purposes, and if you no brained fisherman could even catch a big fish like mine, if you show a photo, Filefish gets you a free one plus another of different size and also a gift for you and also a coupon again for the new fresh water lures. SO??? You wanna go play with the little ones and waist your money? or settle on the 25 to catch the biggest? Ha! You all make me laugh, cause you obviously r not catching ANY fish, at least not where we are! Good luck fishing boys, all this comes from a little 110-pound female? Hmm? Catching fish with FIREFISH LURES that r bigger that her? Ha ha, happy fishing, and always remember to read Firefish small print, ha ha! To all those supporters, Catching big PHAT fish, check out the new stuff man, it's dyn-o-myte! and David wei's writing for Nov-Dec issue, at trophy lake, hmmm? See what Filefish can do? Ask David Wei! He and his wife Suzanne will tell you all you need about Firefish SUCCESS! Good for them, Father Daughter team, must hand it to them for stickin it out in an industry of *******s, know it alls, wanna be's, and story tellers! I am here to root for'em baby...once again, in case you can read the small print FIREFISH LURES CATCH THE BIGGEST FISH! Ps, and I don't care about my 'grammer'! Peace out!

quote:Originally posted by Lucky Lady

Do any of you really know how to fish, even? Eman? What a name? I have caught numerous 30 pound plus fish with the Firefish.... and I'm a lady, now I am onto Firefish Lucky lady series, where I just pulled out a Chinook in Thompson river, also a 12 lb brown trout in Savona, also, I have seen numerous other fish that these lures have caught, most are saying, they have caught the biggest fish of their lives, with the Firefish, so what are you men doing wrong? Possibly not even trying the lures? And what your saying is all just simply another story cause you never caught anything, and are simply crying about it?? Hmm? Yes, I think this to be more of what's going on! Yes, MY FIREFISH LURES CAUGHT HUGE MO FO FISH ! 42 pounds have been my largest, so what are you guys doing wrong, I have one of each best colour and now onto the fresh water series 5 new ones that are slaying em, why don’t you all check out the latest in B.C Out Mag, or the end of the last season for island fisherman? Eman, who r you anyways? Do you even fish? This message goes out to all you wanna B big boy fisherman,.....FIREFISH LURES CATCH BIG FISH....the biggest fish! 25.00 bucks is that all you got? What r u spending in stores anyways these days, hmmm, line, hootchies, all your little he said she said b **** lures that work??? Hmm? I wonder how much more money you'll spendbefore you realize that 25.oo dollars catches you the biggest fish, and you get a cool case for dual purposes, and if you no brained fisherman could even catch a big fish like mine, if you show a photo, Filefish gets you a free one plus another of different size and also a gift for you and also a coupon again for the new fresh water lures. SO??? You wanna go play with the little ones and waist your money? or settle on the 25 to catch the biggest? Ha! You all make me laugh, cause you obviously r not catching ANY fish, at least not where we are! Good luck fishing boys, all this comes from a little 110-pound female? Hmm? Catching fish with FIREFISH LURES that r bigger that her? Ha ha, happy fishing, and always remember to read Firefish small print, ha ha! To all those supporters, Catching big PHAT fish, check out the new stuff man, it's dyn-o-myte! and David wei's writing for Nov-Dec issue, at trophy lake, hmmm? See what Filefish can do? Ask David Wei! He and his wife Suzanne will tell you all you need about Firefish SUCCESS! Good for them, Father Daughter team, must hand it to them for stickin it out in an industry of *******s, know it alls, wanna be's, and story tellers! I am here to root for'em baby...once again, in case you can read the small print FIREFISH LURES CATCH THE BIGGEST FISH! Ps, and I don't care about my 'grammer'! Peace out!

Your right! No one here knows how to FISH!!!!! 80% of us Cant even tie a knot and the 20% who can attempt to fish only catch 1/2 of a fish because we are 1/2 as good at fishing then other people.

for the few here that goes fishing (i dont know if there is anyone here that even goes fishing), im not sure but i think they spend $5 on a pack of anchovies or herring and $8 on some teasers heads. that method is used more times and catches larger and more fish then Your FireFish lures

not to many people would be willing to try one at 1/4 of $100. they look like a newer version of abalone shells spoons.

PS Yer Gramer is prtity gooid!!

This is the funniest thing I have ever read, whatever you're smokin I want some. LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

Lucky lady, you're definitely smokin' something...or is your clock stuck on 4:20...yeah! THAT'S it! It's 4:20 24-7 for you! [B)]

Man, (sorry, Woman) you've convinced me.
I say we all push for a total ban on this lure. It is unfair. It will deplete the stocks that are left. Don't tell the commercial boys about this, or there won't be anything left to fish in 2008.
Thanks for letting us know before it's too late.
Holy cr#p, I'm sending letters out right away.
What's the number for 911.
[:0]

$25.00 for a lure that only works when a women uses it...ummm..smells fishy to me!;)

First off I'm quite sure we all welcome Lucky Lady to the forum. And seeing that you have centered me out for my prior post, I will try and answer your questions. eman is short form for eaglemaniac which represents my love for the Bald Eagle. It's also a cute twist of words for egomaniac, which you might consider changing your handle to. As to whether I fish or not the answer is yes, Although obviously not as well as yourself. But I'm quite happy with my ten pounders and can only aspire to reach your lofty success. Good Luck with your forty two pounder. eman:D

Back