Fiberglass Repair

Knotty Seamen

Just wondering if anyone can someone private or a company that can take on some stringer work, floors and triple up the trransome and fill the inboard hole in transom. Trying to save money all I can as this 23 hourston is gonna be a money pit! I wanna build it up how I want it rigged out and love taking on a good project... Appreciate any leads guys! Thanks

Ya that's where I think it's gonna go. There or blackline, gonna see what ea company thinks costs are going to be and jump on the lowest one so I can get started on it. Boat gets moved to my place tomorrow, looking forward to gutting her! Thanks for the suggestion tho cheech!

Blackline will NOT be the cheapest...but they do the best job. I've used both Jenkins and Blackline...the last work from Jenkins was rough so from now on I'll pay the extra and give the work to Blackline. By rough I mean the polishing/matching of gelcoat was not very good. Blackline in my mind are the pros at making a job look like the job never happened.

Got the hourston home last week and got her all gutted this weekend! Have both blackline and Jenkins coming out to price. On stringer was shot whole way, and other until mid cabin. Going to just replace both completely since I have it all gutted anyways. Lots of work ahead of me but enjoying workin on my future rig!

Good luck with your project!
It can be very rewarding when it is all done (and very frustrating when it's not).Take some before and after shots of it and share it with everyone if you are able- I wish I had done it with mine.

well I wont be going with blackline.. They came and had a look and their price if i remove all stringers and transom and floors and grind the fiberglass right back so they can start fresh with no removal labour etc was 12-15000. He seemed like they didnt want to take on the work.. Dont have much time so was hoping to just pay someone but not at those prices! On to other venues as I know someone that works building boats might just take it on with him.. He just retired and built boats his whole life so knows what he is doing.. Still waiting on jenkins to come have a look, been trying to get them out for 2 weeks now and i only live 5 mins from their shop!

Be prepared to spend way more money than you planned. I've done the same project on a 26 Hourston and spent 25 K while i was helping the guy. But it is absolutely bulletproof.

It might be worth at the least a phone call to James at Extreme Fibreglass Repair in Nanaimo 250-714-0931. He recently did some work on my 25' Pursuit nothing as involved as stringers but the price was good and the quality of work done was great. That is unless you have made other arrangements.

H.E.H.

Thanks for suggestion Hit em hard! I will try calling him up, and Fish tofino That's about what I have put aside and budgeted for the rebuild before power! I already have a pod for it so shouldn't be a problem! At this point I do t care as long as it gives me a solid old hourston for years to come!

Hate blackline they screwed up so much stuff on my grady it was a joke, when one of the guys that worked there saw what they did he just shook his head and said sorry man.

Jenkins is great prob alot cheaper but he is smokin busy rite now there trying to finish off a order of 9 of there sea west boats on top of everything else.

well I bailed on the project and got me a runner! Found a 23 that was in great shape and no rot anywhere.. Decided to use this boat for few years then convert over! Will post some pics in forum members boats soon! Put the project hourston on used vic and got my money back and sold it in few hrs! Guess I will be doing alot more fishing then working on boat now! Thanks for all the tips and info tho guys I appreciate all of the help!

Back