Few questions about zebellos

Loghauler

How far from the launch to open ocean ?
Where is good fishing spots ?
I have never been there so doing a bit of homework
Which is better Nootka sound or the top of Nootka island Esperanza inlet ?
Looks like a quiet town any log hauling in the area for work ?
Curious about this area
Thanks

Assume you saw this earlier thread -- focussed mostly on the road, but a bit on services. Nothing about work.

Curious about this area
Thanks
I used to work out there a while back. Day trips in from McNeill and back. The road is what it is.

I’ve lost touch with what work was out there. Seems like it’s probably still a mixed bag of major licensees and contractors doing the logging etc. Probably work out there if you get the right connection.

I’ve only fished the freshwater but sounds like fair harbour/ kyuquot is worth a trip. There was always a steady stream of trailers/boats headed in and out from June to the end of August. Lots of kayakers too.

Curious about this area
Thanks
I have fished out of there a couple of times. It's about 20 miles to the open ocean. Ferrier pt on Nootka Island is probably the most popular spot to fish, but honestly, there is tons of area to fish up there. It's not a case of better here or there, but timing in my opinion .As for work. Logging is the main industry up there. You haul logs, so I'm thinking you could find work if you wanted to.
It will rain in the winter.......and for some of the summer.......Rain is a thing out there.... it rains... The big question is, do you like rain? And fog. there will be fog too.

Club Zed is a 'special' place.
Daily rain has been measured in feet not millimeters.
Small community with some interesting characters.
and don’t forget talking ravens. legend has it an old timer trained some ravens to say hello and other simple commands. well he died and his ravens are still around. i was working at a customers house one day and i heard this strange “ hello” coming from somewhere. i eventually looked up to see a raven on the power line saying hello to me!

the fishing in these remote areas are good for a reason. ferrer point, jurassic park etc are amazing spots. reel obsession is based out of zeballos and they are hopping busy. whe you’re shut down during fire season you could fish your brains out

there is a logging show based out of Zeballos. i believe it is called spirit lake or summit lake? they saved my bacon one day repairing a flat tire for me so i could make it out of there. the surrounding area is beautiful. one of the scenic drives into a small town i be ever seen.lot of history in such a small area

Back