Zebellos August 2024, What can you tell me about it?

Towed my 24’ aluminum to Fair Harbour last August to do a trip at Kyuquot. Won’t do it again. While I didn’t break anything it was a long, slow dusty tow. I fish Esperanza every year and run up from Gold River. Even if I go back to Kyuquot I will just run up from Gold River. Way easier on truck, boat and my nerves.
had the same experience and came to the same conclusion. Burn boat gas and enjoy getting there

Years ago, I tried to trailer into Work Channel, I think the road is like 12 km, and took 2 hours. Arrived at the end of the road to find out the nut for my hitch ball worked its' way off. Found it on the way out. Next trip we mountain biked the road, crested a small hill into a big scorched area and some molten aluminum. Unsecured battery + Aluminum Boat + Extra Jerry Cans = No More Boat. We did one more trip, this time we hear "hiss", "hiss", "hiss", pulled over to investigate. Someone's OB Skeg was stuck in a tire, no longer attached to his OB. Buddy pulls the skeg, and "pluff" instant flat tire. I think the mosquitos created this ambush because they were on us in huge numbers in no time! Lessons learned the hard way!

Back