Evoy 400Hp Electric outboard

Should not be any trouble to get an electric outboard working.

The energy density of our current battery technology is not really up to par for boating with any long range unfortunately.

Should not be any trouble to get an electric outboard working.

The energy density of our current battery technology is not really up to par for boating with any long range unfortunately.
I agree. Drag increases by the square, which we all understand just by the rapid increase in power requirements as hull length increases:
12 ft: 10 hp
16 ft: 75 hp
19 ft: 130 hp
22 ft: 225 hp

Not surprising then that the first entries to the market were small hp units for small boats.

Existing battery tech can be workable for boats that don't need long range, and we are seeing a few ski and wake type boats built with battery built right into the hull from new to maximize space. But there are severe limits on range and size at the moment. Needs next generation of batteries with considerably higher energy density to be able to make a dent in the current marine market.

Ya it sure would be a different experience with zero noise coming off the boat other than the wake noise. I like how Axopar has teamed up with this company. Savings on fuel for my commander would be tremendous and the 400 hanging off the back would be pretty cool. Hopefully battery tech makes some advances!

Back