ETEC g2 discussion

Pearl dog

Hello all,
I wonder if we could have a focussed discussion about the G2? I’m looking at a boat with one of these. I’m an ETEC G1 fan and have put a lot of hours on my 150. I know there are many ETEC doubters on this forum. Fair enuff… I’m hoping some G2 owners would comment in this safe “pro ETEC“ thread. I’m aware of the discontinued situation etc. just looking for some first hand knowledge. I know a member is putting a new G2 on his new pod so there must be some love..
Anyways I’d really appreciate some stories, experiences, fails, triumphs do’s and donts…. I wouldn’t even bother with a thread like this for any other manufacturer. I know the drill, ford vs Chevy. It’s just that the G2 is a bit of a unicorn.
Thanks

I recently got a 2019 150 with warranty until 2029. still learning the ropes. Seems great so far, have developed a power steering leak. Going in for the 500 hrs, 5 yr service. only has 120 hrs, but hit year. I am going to look for a a knowledgeable person to help provide guidance on maintenance.

I recently got a 2019 150 with warranty until 2029. still learning the ropes. Seems great so far, have developed a power steering leak. Going in for the 500 hrs, 5 yr service. only has 120 hrs, but hit year. I am going to look for a a knowledgeable person to help provide guidance on maintenance.
where are you located?

Back