Engine issue

Still fluctuates at idle apparently normal and at this point can live with it. 50 rpm diff

Still has a shake at idle no difference than before but will live with it

Are my plugs normal
In order
2 hours, 15 hours , 196 hours
Pretty white after 2 hours no?

Attachments

• IMG_2579.jpeg
    IMG_2579.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2580.jpeg
    IMG_2580.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2581.jpeg
    IMG_2581.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 27
plugs look fine. rpm change while running seems totally normal, your banging into waves and changing load on engine. my verados fluctuate slightly at idle too. if it wasn't for the digital tach showing 10 rpm differences you'd likely never know... 10 rpm fluctuation at 600rpm idle speed is like 1.6% difference. however if its shaking at idle that does sound like problem

plugs look fine. rpm change while running seems totally normal, your banging into waves and changing load on engine. my verados fluctuate slightly at idle too. if it wasn't for the digital tach showing 10 rpm differences you'd likely never know... 10 rpm fluctuation at 600rpm idle speed is like 1.6% difference. however if its shaking at idle that does sound like problem

My idle charge is 50 rpm and honestly I give up on it. The white plug is a concern (lean)
Having another shop go thru it and if I get the good to go, I will run it till season end and decide if I want a new boat or just motor. I would buy a new one now but no one has one!

My idle charge is 50 rpm and honestly I give up on it. The white plug is a concern (lean)
Having another shop go thru it and if I get the good to go, I will run it till season end and decide if I want a new boat or just motor. I would buy a new one now but no one has one!
That tach of yours is too good. Buy a crappy tach, problem solved 😉

I might be tempted to remove the fuel lines, drain them and blow compressed air through and change the filters. you have good fuel pressure but did you isolate and test the rest of the line to the tank?

I might be tempted to remove the fuel lines, drain them and blow compressed air through and change the filters. you have good fuel pressure but did you isolate and test the rest of the line to the tank?
New lines engine to tank in the last week. Blew thru lines no blockage. Definetly good engine filter to boat Fresh fuel also.
All new filters twice Nothing in bowl

Can get full rpm 5850 maybe more if the wind would die down. 45mph in a 2 foot chop is a little fast

Have you gone through a tank of gas since this started happening? Or run it on a small tank of new chevron 93 to see if it still does it?

I believe there was a service bulletin for this. If I remember correctly it was a faulty plug wire issue and I believe it was due to the first round of plug wires made for these had a problem with the electrode moving around inside the boot and causing erratic spark. Engine would fluctuate rpm and or develop a miss. I think the depth was supposed to be 17mm from the rip of the boot to the bottom of the electrode. I’d change the wires and try it. The wires ya buy today are updated to solve this problem. I’ll look the bulletin up when I’m back in the shop on Tuesday. Good luck with it

I believe there was a service bulletin for this. If I remember correctly it was a faulty plug wire issue and I believe it was due to the first round of plug wires made for these had a problem with the electrode moving around inside the boot and causing erratic spark. Engine would fluctuate rpm and or develop a miss. I think the depth was supposed to be 17mm from the rip of the boot to the bottom of the electrode. I’d change the wires and try it. The wires ya buy today are updated to solve this problem. I’ll look the bulletin up when I’m back in the shop on Tuesday. Good luck with it
Put new wires on yesterday

This is a long shot but I had a similar problem and it was to do with my kicker fuel line being plumbed into the main and the one way check valve wasn't holding and it was sucking in air.

This is a long shot but I had a similar problem and it was to do with my kicker fuel line being plumbed into the main and the one way check valve wasn't holding and it was sucking in air.
never thought of that will Check
all in all hit wot no issue lots of power, bit rough on idle, going to run it.

Back