Electrical repair in Campbell River

Bassblaster

Hello Everyone.

Someone recently broke into my truck and stole my only set of boat keys. Now I need to have the ignition switch changed out. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to take the boat for this type of repair in Campbell River that won't force me to get a loan or max a credit card?

I've priced the no-name replacement switches at around $20-30 but don't feel confident that I could swap out the old one without screwing things up and potentially causing more problems.

And please, no comments about having a spare key somewhere. I get that enough from my wife.

Thanks.

Extinction is Forever

Make sure you find one with the same amount of tabs on the back and they are quite easy to change.
If there is easy access to the back of the dash it shouldnt take more then 10 mins to do and the shop will still charge for an hour if there is no min shop charge.

Other than that.... not from CR

I hate to admit it but I already tried that, hence the not wanting to screw things up worse. The new ignition switch had the same number of pins, but the instructions sucked. At first I was getting power to the switch but it wouldn't turn the starter. I knew I had at least the power and accessory leads in the right place because the indicator would chirp and the horn, etc. worked. I tried to switch some of the other leads and ZAP now nothing works, even with all the wires back to the original positions.

While the new switch has the same number of pins on the back, the positioning and layout is totally different from my original. The instructions that came with it are for 6 different switches! and are vague to say the very least.

Extinction is Forever

Bass,Im a mechanic. I work for myself and can definately help you. Im in CR. 250 203 1830. Thanks, Dave.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Back