Electric Downriggers wanted...

R

Robert Warren

I knew this would happen after selling my electric scotties. I find myself in a new boat now and I need 2 of them!! Willing to pay fair market value.

I have a pair of the Scotty two belt type Depthpower downriggers that I'll sell. $600 for the pair includes the swivel bases for them.

I did indeed sell the whaler. I got another one in the deal a 20 ft Boston Whaler revenge with a 225 on it. That sounds good to me nedarb2.

thats great!
if you know anybody that wants a grady mines still available :(

Hey Ned? Can you get back to me about the riggers? I will take them. I have been out twice now with no downriggers and it is hard fishing. Today some Idiot in a commercial boat called Crusader ran through a bunch of boats at Thrasher and actually ran over our gear hooking it up on his hull as he's running at full boar through all the boats. What a tool. He had the entire Georgia strait to travel through and the fool decides to cut directly behind us at the last minute. Therefore ensuring 100% hook up possibilities. So it was a $13.00 flasher, $30.00 worth of line, A coyote spoon that was $8.17, and a $20.00 deep six lure. Over $70.00 for what minding our own business and just trolling along!!? In our 2 trips without downriggers we've had 5 springs, 1 Coho and 3 halibut. Three springs at thrasher and the rest offshore of Barkley Sound. Not too bad considering, but those riggers are desperately needed.

hey rob,
sorry not me with the riggers its Gomphus :p
too bad about the gear :( first derby i entered was this last year, and i lost over 300$ of tackle, most ive ever lost before that in a day wa 3 or 4 jigs on bottom [V]

Hey Robert, I was at Thrasher Rock today too. Was that the boat that made a hard starboard turn and then went through Gabriola Passage? I guess that was you I saw trying to pick up what ever you had left, and I thought that you had bottom. I guess we'll always have tools like that around and I really don't know what we will ever be able to do about them. Really sorry to hear that.

See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki
Oh by the way I got skunked today:(?????

Ya we were in the 20' Boston Whaler. Funniest thing was what my freind who lost all his gear said after the incident. He says it is just like his luck to be out minding his on business then a boat he sees for 10 miles coming towards him cuts off his gear. He mentioned to me when the boat was a good 5 miles away that the idiot was going to drive right through all the boats. I didn't pay much attention as he was still 5 miles away. Another 10 mins goes by and sure enough he didn't change course. Then right at the last minute the guy swings right behind our boat. (my freind was running 100 pulls with a deep six --No downriggers yet--) My buddy (Ray) grabs his rod and holds it up so that the guy can clearly see he is going to part the line with his boat. He was less then 100 ft behind us when he went by. At the last minute he swung his boat to try to avoid it, but there was no chance rays line got hung up under his boat and we had to cut the line. The guy obviously knew he had hit the line and didn't even so much as blink. We are able to see the comedy in it, but if we ever catch up with that boat the last laugh would be ours, we'd love to get our hands on those guys ;0

Robert, if you want those downriggers send me your contact information.

I am in Qualicum Beach (and am the one that purchased the crab traps from you).

If you still have the black box and are trying to sell it we could discuss making that part of the deal.

Cheers.

Jim

wow that is scary I have the same name? Robert Warren were you from?

Originally from Victoria. Captain Bill Warren's grandson.

I think I heard that some of our family lived out in honeymoon bay. I'll ask my Aunty she'd probly know.

Back