Downrigger Autostop not working?

Breakin"even

Crew Member
My friends autostop is not working, he has a plastic yellow stop indicator on wire cable. Is there anything he can do to fix this, or is it replacement time?

We tried 2 stoppers, so there is a moving gate to switch off the motor. Can I take the switch apart to check, or a visual inspection?

Ya if you can. Maybe there’s some salt/junk In there. Or if you have a big swivel on board, crimp one of those in line to act a stopper.

My friends autostop is not working, he has a plastic yellow stop indicator on wire cable. Is there anything he can do to fix this, or is it replacement time?
If you are in Campbell River, Tyee Marine has a guy that does warrantee work on Scotties. If your friend has registered his unit with Scotty, it will cost you virtually nothing.

I have had the part of the auto stop that is toggled( where you line runs thru) to turn off the rigger break off and would not auto stop. Had to look very closely to figure that out.

That's a magnetic switch. They can and do fail. They either stop working while off or on.

I think mine had a chip where my stopper hit the trigger, tried changing the magnetic switch as I did not notice the chipped part but it was the part that toggles

Back