Does this look like an unusual amount of corrosion for a 2019 150 Seapro?

Impressive write up. What was the smell? Otters got on the boat?
Nah it just smelled like bilge and mildew. They have a strange access hatch thats essentially just a pillow over the forward bilge. There was water inside and that's where the through-hulls were with both pumps for the head and raw water. Just kind of a nasty thing to have unfer your head while you're sleeping.

2008 SeaSport Explorer 24’ Outboard version. $130,000

View attachment 109716View attachment 109717View attachment 109718View attachment 109719
View attachment 109720
Can’t see the main engine hours in the ad but there was a twin version of this boat in Oregon for $84k USD and 700 hours on the main. After the exchange, transport, taxes and trailer certification, this one seems to be in the right ballpark.

Last edited:
I actually posted this here by mistake, was trying to put it into the usual spot but was reading this thread just before I did.

This is a nice boat but will be a bit of a dog with that engine, I know, I have the same boat. I podded mine in the spring and hung twin 200 Yami's on it(build thread coming soon) and it would be @Stizzla approved , this one, not so much.
Sorry for the added derail but if John is looking for something like this that 27' Skagit that was posted in the buy n sell might be a better buy

2008 SeaSport Explorer 24’ Outboard version. $130,000

View attachment 109716

This is a nice boat but will be a bit of a dog with that engine, I know, I have the same boat. I podded mine in the spring and hung twin 200 Yami's on it(build thread coming soon) and it would be @Stizzla approved , this one, not so much.
Sorry for the added derail but if John is looking for something like this that 27' Skagit that was posted in the buy n sell might be a better buy
Yes, that is just barely 10 horse per foot.

It’s tough to find a used boat that checks all the boxes in this market. I wouldn’t want to spend a lot of money on a boat that’s expensive to maintain and can only be of a real use for 3-4 months in this state of fisheries. You start looking at boats that are $80k+ and it becomes really difficult to justify if your main usage is to get out on the ocean and fish locally. Trailerable boats give a bit of flexibility especially if you have a younger family but bigger fishing rigs are still too expensive to buy and moor in Vancouver. Sorry about the derail RC but I think we’ve been talking about a boat that’s not a fit for your requirements. Good luck with your search!

Back