Does this look like an unusual amount of corrosion for a 2019 150 Seapro?

Rain City

Crew Member
Looking at another boat, yay. This seemed odd to me. The boat is a 2005. Would there be any reason for them to have left the original trim assembly in place?

20240820_145112.jpg

Also, I'm trying to figure out if that bitched looking area is supposed to look that way. Or does that look like it's damaged? I didn't notice while I was there, only saw it after someone asked about it in my picture. I don't know outboards enough to know what that is supposed to look like.

I would also be worried about that plastic transom edge piece being broken and water getting in. I can't answer your direct question but this picture is making be want to run.
Oh geeze you're right.

I think the trim motors on the mercury 150's have a corrosion problem. They are a painted carbon steel housing where the pretty much everything else on the engines is stainless or aluminum. I have a 2017 with corrosion on the trim motor. The rest of the engine and trim assembly is perfect with no corrosion at all. Mine doesn't live in the water like the one in your photo. I keep the boat on a trailer and still have a nasty rusty trim motor.

1724279879934.png

Why don’t you send this to your friend Chris, at Inlet and see what he thinks? Looks a bit rough for a 5 y/o motor but that may just be a minor thing.

The rust is the stator housing for the trim pump. The rest of the growth looks like someone forgot the anti-fouling paint on the stuff that goes below the water line. That is, the transom assembly and trim pump. A new stator isn’t expensive but the rest of that boat looks expensive based on the lack of maintenance

Why don’t you send this to your friend Chris, at Inlet and see what he thinks? Looks a bit rough for a 5 y/o motor but that may just be a minor thing.
I think I've worn out that resource lol

My 90 Merc which I traded in had a similar rust look to the housing, but I was told that is a different type of metal than the motor parts that are painted and treated not to do that. Not a huge concern, and the warm summer waters do make the growth appear heavier like that. An overall opinion of the care and maintenance of the package will be key, of course.

The seaweed will blast off. I get that growth June/july. The rusty trim pump motor is a concern. Definetly need replacing, I would any ways. What make of boat? The plastic piece broken may not be anything. I can not see the hull to inner liner too well so it may all be glassed together the black trim may be cosmetic.
Boat for sale not cleaned up makes you wonder.
Give up the goods on the whole boat so we can get a better idea.
Worst cast 150 lease returns comming up and they should be 10k ish with 600-800 hours

The seaweed will blast off. I get that growth June/july. The rusty trim pump motor is a concern. Definetly need replacing, I would any ways. What make of boat? The plastic piece broken may not be anything. I can not see the hull to inner liner too well so it may all be glassed together the black trim may be cosmetic.
Boat for sale not cleaned up makes you wonder.
Give up the goods on the whole boat so we can get a better idea.
Worst cast 150 lease returns comming up and they should be 10k ish with 600-800 hours
2005 Glacier Bay 2685 Coastal Runner. I wasn't impressed with the condition, and the smell, that they decided to show it in.

The rubrail insert is hanging loose on the bottom left of the pic. And the splashwell drain tube that's shown in that pic doesn't look awesome either.

Just from this one pic...looks like it's well used but not really looked after.

To bad, broker write up makes it sound mint. We crawled over one w yamis a couple years ago for about 50k. Seemed like a small seating area for the size. I sure prefer a table that can sit 4. Mine sits 3, and I can dine in the captains chair or on the back deck. Anyone been on the 30 footer glacier bays? I wish they hadn’t gone out of business.

To bad, broker write up makes it sound mint. We crawled over one w yamis a couple years ago for about 50k. Seemed like a small seating area for the size. I sure prefer a table that can sit 4. Mine sits 3, and I can dine in the captains chair or on the back deck. Anyone been on the 30 footer glacier bays? I wish they hadn’t gone out of business.
I didn't mind the seating at all. More than most fishing boats

Back