Docks we have slept at (not on)

Granite Falls Burrard inlet,Rainbow Falls Harrison lake,Silva Bay, Secret cove, government Wharf on the northeast side of Saltspring,the little working dock in between Midge and Galiano,Thetis,KeatsIMG_0868.jpgIMG_0915.jpgIMG_1007.jpgIMG_1035.jpg20190613_211750.jpg20190613_202716.jpg....

Last edited:
Was out cruising the rapids with a crew of eleven year old girls this past weekend.
Went by Shoal Bay, the view from the dock there is unparalleled, looking straight up Phillips Arm.
I have stayed at that dock a few times, always a good time, sometimes cold with winter outflows.

Hey heading to Masset with the boat this July (only 24’ taking the ferry) trying to find some places around Masset. Would you have anymore details on location. Charts are on order but not here yet! seems no real marina to stay at in Masset, just the public dock from what I understand
There are two. Pretty sure the one across from the government dock is privately run. Used to be long long ago at least. No idea who or how to contact them.

Was out cruising the rapids with a crew of eleven year old girls this past weekend.
Went by Shoal Bay, the view from the dock there is unparalleled, looking straight up Phillips Arm.
I have stayed at that dock a few times, always a good time, sometimes cold with winter outflows.
Did you hike up to the old mine?
Who is living there now. Last time I was at Shoal Bay the guy had a pretty substantial pizza oven going.

Who is living there now. Last time I was at Shoal Bay the guy had a pretty substantial pizza oven going.
I have not docked there since pre COVID, so I have no recent intel.
I was reminded that I want to go back.
Looks like new residential buildings at the points on either side of the bay.

The guy running the pizza oven was there 2020 but I don’t think for the last 2 seasons. Also had taps running for cold beer. Neopolitan style pizza. Beautiful area in general.IMG_5724.jpegIMG_7691.jpegGreat interlude between morning and afternoon sessions.

The guy running the pizza oven was there 2020 but I don’t think for the last 2 seasons. Also had taps running for cold beer. Neopolitan style pizza. Beautiful area in general.View attachment 93786View attachment 93787Great interlude between morning and afternoon sessions.
Thats Mark! He and his partner Cynthia have been there since 2000. They bought it and the whole thing burned to the ground, so have literally started from the ground up. There is an amazing community garden, there was/is a pub with the best ceasars (dont forget to bring cash), showers and laundry. The tricky part is getting a space on the dock. Shoal Bay is one of my favorite places. https://shoalbay.ca/

I met a guy at Blind Channel, last year, who spotted a Grizzly turning over rocks on the beach. Beautiful spot! Blind Channel is another cool spot to stop. They’ve got a decent restaurant and they make awesome cinnamon buns. There’s a short hike to some old growth trees too.

I met a guy at Blind Channel, last year, who spotted a Grizzly turning over rocks on the beach. Beautiful spot! Blind Channel is another cool spot to stop. They’ve got a decent restaurant and they make awesome cinnamon buns. There’s a short hike to some old growth trees too.
We stopped there on the same trip.
Hiked up to the big cedar and the snag, then some ice cream.
Blind Channel had a great Father's Day lunch going on, looked tasty, but we were on a mission and had to continue to Shark Spit for swimming.
We went to there one year in the winter, left CR in heavy overcast, arrived at Blind Channel with six inches of snow on the deck!
Very welcoming operation.

Looking for ideas on the he best marinas in Cowichan bay. Last summer we did Ganges and Sydney. Looking for something new this summer for our overnight docking for showers / dinner and provisions.

Thanks

Last edited:
great idea for a thread! lots of my favourite docks are already listed here but i'll try to update with some others soon. One other I'll add now is the dock at Wiah Point (between Naden Harbour and Masset). Great place to tie up for the night if you want first and last light fishing at Wiah Pt. No services whatsoever up there but nice place to get off your boat and stretch your legs.
Hi. So I have my charts and I see the wiah point. Seems there might be a lodge there now, was it there when you went? Leaving next week can’t. Wait. Did you do any prawning around the area or anchoring? In Nadine ?

Hi. So I have my charts and I see the wiah point. Seems there might be a lodge there now, was it there when you went? Leaving next week can’t. Wait. Did you do any prawning around the area or anchoring? In Nadine ?
Not sure about what charts you're seeing a lodge at but on my Navionics I still just see a public dock at Wiah Pt (tucked in behind refuge island). Don't think there's a new lodge there but I was there 4 years ago and just an old dock to tie up at. Enjoy.

Not sure about what charts you're seeing a lodge at but on my Navionics I still just see a public dock at Wiah Pt (tucked in behind refuge island). Don't think there's a new lodge there but I was there 4 years ago and just an old dock to tie up at. Enjoy.
Ok thanks I just saw a Wiah Point Lodge and wondered if it was there cheers!

Back