Dewinterizing boat

Charter Tofino

Not sure if thats a word. Boats coming out of hibernation tommorow and i was wonder what needs to be done before fishing.Run a engine cleaning gas ect. Its only a 14 ft with a 30hp yamaha Oil inj. thanks if you can help.

drain the float bowls of old gas if not run out of gas last year install new fuel in tank force the fuel connector ball open on the fuel hose and sqeeze ball to flush fuel hose till gas smells fresh, connect to engine, prime and pull cord and with any luck- zoom zoom zoom. i know its not a mazda but it is japanese,you should also check/change the gear oil and plug condition and clean the engine fuel filter good luck-- clay

Always good to change the leg oil annually, check plugs, check fuel filters, check zincs. Check for loose screws. Check any bilge pumps. Check your safety equipment. Check your silicone seals. [xx(]Of course, if you have a trailer I have a longer list for ya....

make sure swiveling beer holders aren't froze up.Don't want to spill any.

If you live in Victoria, Call S.G power and book a service. Tow your rig to S.G power and get them to do a full service on your motor. They will service every thing that needs to be done and check every thing over that you may have over looked. Do this before you hit the water. Your motor has to work, for your pleasure and safety.

i gotta say that S.G. were reasonable to me when i had
service work done to my Honda 50.
cheap... no! but take your car or truck in and see
what it costs !;)

Like any thing else... You get what you pay for. Yes S.G is not cheap however they know what they are doing and they are damn good! When it comes to safety on the water its a very small price to pay...

Back