Departure Bay?

• Thread starter Thread starter bigguns
  • Start date Start date
B

bigguns

What is going to up the creek there? coho and chum?
me and my friend were thinking of going out there in a couple days want to know if it is worth it?
I think we are going to be trolling so what evere u think willwork plz let me know
thx

I read in a magazine last year about fishing winter springs in the bay. They made it out to be really good fishing,personly I dont believe it until i see a fish pulled out of there but maybe wetbeaver knows somthing ?

the fish seem to be really tight lipped this year around that area. you are probably better off trying for some winter springs. as for what type of fish those are they are probably a mixture of coho and chum. Coho love live image spoons, pearl coyotes,cop car coyotes etc... and green or blue hootchies, for chum the stand by is a pink hootchie trolled behind a green hot spot or big shooter flasher. the winter springs are fished deep in 120 to 250 feet of water they are generally found by bottom bouncing, using various spoons and hootchies. Bait also works well!!

me and my friend are too lazy to go down 120-250 ft maybe if we had electric riggers then that would be different i think we will go for chum or coho and then were done for the season:(

it can be worth it but if your to lazy then your to lazy.

does anybody no screaming reel's #
thx heading out on sunday

the number for the former screaming reel which is now called the screaming fish and fly is 244-1011.[8D]

Don't look at it as work. Before I had electrics, I would fish both riggers at over 100' and when i had a hit it was all hell break loose as I was trying to get riggers up while playing a fish all by myself. Huge adrenaline rush.With two guys it would be a piece of cake. Makes you feel like you earned that beer afterwards.

I here you knuckle, that was the only exercise I would get is winding up the down rigger from 200'. The worst is if the clip comes off when tightening the line.

hmmmmmm.................. beer[:p] we might try going 130ft should we go by the fingers? how are the seals at this time of year?

quote:Originally posted by bigguns

hmmmmmm.................. beer[:p] we might try going 130ft should we go by the fingers? how are the seals at this time of year?
Seals are good this time of year. Colder water firms up the flesh:D

quote:Originally posted by knucklebuster

Don't look at it as work. Before I had electrics, I would fish both riggers at over 100' and when i had a hit it was all hell break loose as I was trying to get riggers up while playing a fish all by myself. Huge adrenaline rush.With two guys it would be a piece of cake. Makes you feel like you earned that beer afterwards.
Haha i hear you! 180ft two manuals double header is not easy by yourself. Luckily one was just a doggie

quote:Originally posted by knucklebuster

quote:Originally posted by bigguns

Seals are good this time of year. Colder water firms up the flesh:D

hahaha :D

Back