Deckadence marine floor covering anyone using it??

JAC

I'm wondering if any forum members have seen or being using DECKadence floor mats on there boat. I'm looking for a good mat to put on the aft deck of my c dory. The will be to help protect and keep deck clean. As we all know its tough to keep the nice white on glass boats clean. There was a thunder jet at the sportsman show at tradex last year that had a deckadence floor covering in it. The dealer had lots of great things to say about the product. When I walk around on the back deck of the thunder jet with the mat it felt really good. The dealer also said fishing hooks can't get caught in it so thats a bonus. Well if anyone has any experience with it please let me know as I'm thinking of buying some for my boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya it looks great and felt great I just was looking for real world experience. From what I have read its easy to clean and doesn't stain. I hope to get a mat soon for my aft deck.

is it a rubber compound? curious? carbon based rubber does not like alu.....

is it a rubber compound? curious? carbon based rubber does not like alu.....trying to find product make -up on googs.

They have a website with a kingfisher on it, so trophy wife you should be good to go. I spoke with them on the phone today and they were very helpful and seem to know their product really well. He told me what it was made of I thought it was a vinyl or PVC. I will find out tomorrow if you like.

So where does all the smegma go that gets caught up in the weave I have used the court type stuff before and it was hard to keep clean Something to be said about a hose and fresh water

I'm interested in how it all works out. I just purchased some dock edge aquamats for my boat. They are flow through 12x12 interlocking tiles .

Let me know if you invest in these matts. I'm looking for something like this also and would like to see the product first if I can.

FS

Ya I'm pretty sure I'm going to get them you can come and take a look at my boat if you like FS. Pretty fancy sled in the back of your truck seen you in town today, I will let you know when I get it. It's really soft and nice to walk on and doesn't slide around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha Ha "Smegma"! Good description. My thoughts exactly.
This looks like it would be great up in the Okanagan on a lake boat but on a west coast fishing boat... ?...? I can just imagine the blood bath from a bunch of pinks or Spring slime, you would need a power washer to get it out . I like my cheap $20- rubber mat. When things get nasty you just pick it up, dip it over the side a bunch and you're good to go

Whats the cost I'm wondering

The blood should go right through its very coarse time will tell, waiting for a quote maybe tomorrow.

Well the product arrived yesterday and its awesome. It's really heavy duty stuff. I now have cut to fit I will take some pics as I do this but its too cold outside for that this week!

I'd just be worried about getting it clean, seams like guts and blood would get in there and get really stinky on a hot day. Would feel great on a hot day with the feet off though, I'm not a fan of standing on fiberglass for 8 hours.

I would be interested in seeing pics if anybody has it in their boat?

Ya I will post pics. You can see right through it so it will be easy to clean. It's pretty heavy duty stuff I think it will work great. It's cushions your feet, it's really nice to walk on

Pic's and pricing would be great. Cool idea but I too would be concerned about the smell factor on a sunny day.

In my experience rinsing alone in many cases is not good enough to get a surface clean - it needs brush scubbing. Exapmple the inside of the cooler and/or fish box stinks bad a few days later if I just hose rinse them without a scrub. The video I watched shows the product having water pass right through it which means blood and slim goes through too. If you cannot access the surface area inside the product to scub it then I would almost be certain you would have smell later. I suppose a bleach/water soak might work but who wants to rinse bleach into the ocean ?? If you use chicken bait for crabbing for example how would you get the oily chicken slim out ? I'd then be conerned about Botchalism growing in my mats.

Ok so now that the mercury is on the rise I got down the cutting a pattern and fitting the Deckadence to my c dory. It took me about 1 hours to make pattern and cut material was very easy to do yourself. I'm really happy with the results!!
cc937010128913ba8b022487100e2c1e.jpg

2b52725759552e4107d599dca7e8f7f9.jpg

7e08a9ccbdb73342e253fa259f7b337b.jpg

Back