Dawson Creek fishing?

V

Viper57

Just checking how the fishing is up there. The reason I'm asking this is because I recently found out the I'm going to be moving up there in November. Also do the runs of salmon make it over the mountains or would I have to make a trip out of it if I were to fish for them. From what I saw on the internet it looks amazing. We have salmon in the lake here but they are very small, the biggest pink salmon I caught around here was 19", and the biggest chinook I caught was 35". Can wait to hook my first tyyee:D(sp)

Did a 10 month stint in dawson creek building a seniors housing project. No salmon im afraid. Surrounding lakes are nothing more then big ponds but they got some nice big pike in them. Summer pike is pretty soft meat. Head on over to tumberler ridge area for some fishing or take up moose hunting.

Pretty country, little cold and long winters though. What are you going to be doing there?

Did a 10 month stint in dawson creek building a seniors housing project. No salmon im afraid. Surrounding lakes are nothing more then big ponds but they got some nice big pike in them. Summer pike is pretty soft meat. Head on over to tumberler ridge area for some fishing or take up moose hunting.

Pretty country, little cold and long winters though. What are you going to be doing there?

I will be starting a job at the grain elevator in town. I moose hunt up here in Ontario but I don't own a gun, I was thinking of getting one to take down moose, or elk if they let you shoot them in BC. Not to sure about elk never tried it but I love moose meat.

I will be starting a job at the grain elevator in town. I moose hunt up here in Ontario but I don't own a gun, I was thinking of getting one to take down moose, or elk if they let you shoot them in BC. Not to sure about elk never tried it but I love moose meat.

They do let you shoot them.I just got a 6 point bull elk near chetwynd ,not far from dawson.One of my buddies got a moose.So hunting is good and if you start the paper work when you first get to BC you might have your hunter number by the time hunting season starts.And welcome to the best big game hunting place in north America.

Back