Crappy tachometer

Goes to 6000 rpm. The key off 1000 rpm reading issue is weird, because the previous TWO tachs , same model didnt do that ! I have been told by CV Marine in Courtenay that there might be adjustment on the back of the gauge. I cant see it, so I will I have asked them to have a look when I can get in to see them. I appreciate all the advice the forum has given me....Its only a matter of time before I get it up and running.

If your guage does not have the pole selector switch on the back then it was not intended for outboard use. Should be a 7k tach. I think the 6 k tachs were intended for inboard use if I'm thinking clearly.

Some outboards are different pole settings. Should look like this. Can't miss it

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 32
If your guage does not have the pole selector switch on the back then it was not intended for outboard use. Should be a 7k tach. I think the 6 k tachs were intended for inboard use if I'm thinking clearly.

Some outboards are different pole settings. Should look like this. Can't miss it
Good info -- I will check that out

The setting does appear to be wrong... Boat is going in for annual service next week, so I will get it checked out then. Thanks for the help.

Back