Cleaning the keel

jimbob

I moor my boat 12 months of the year and pull it every 3-4 months to clean the bottom of my hull by hand using bleach. Hard work and not as effective as I would like. Does anyone know a place where I can get my hull power washed in the vicinity of Pedder Bay?

There's a company called "Scuba Scrubbers" I'v seen them in Sydney, They scuba dive underneith your boat and they clean the bottom of your hull... I don't know how they do it or what they charge.. might be some thing to look into...

Pedder had a power washer in their garage and would let people with dock space use it. Not sure if its still there but it might be worth asking.

If you can't find anywhere at a reasonable price an alternative suggestion would be to buy a higher pressure gas power washer that can pull from a standing water source. You can pressure wash under water if you hang ropes from the opposite side of the boat you are cleaning to help you not get pushed in the opposite direction from the water pressure. Can be done withput scuba gear but much easier with air....

Only a good idea if you do it regularly before the barnacles get to scraping size.

Back