Chehalis River (Fraser Valley): Help me understand some things

Kasbien

Hi everyone,

This past weekend I walked n' waded the Chehalis river after having hiked around the area previously to explore. The morning started off well, but as I continued downstream along the Fisherman's Trail/hatchery-side of the river (toward the Harrison River) I met some people that weren't very happy to see me. I stopped to fish around the marked location in the photo and was yelled at by some indigenous folks casting on the reserve side of the river. I was told I needed to leave immediately. To the best of my knowledge, I was OK being where I was. A polite discussion could not be had so I gathered my things and headed out.

I've read the Region 2 regulations for the Chehalis River and I've always found the definitions rather grey. The boundaries aren't as clear as other tributaries. Not to mention the hatchery being offset from the now-diverted river adds to the confusion. Can someone help clear these points up for me? I'd rather be educated than be caught fishing in the wrong areas. I won't visit it again unless I know for certain where I can and can't be.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-12 190855.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-12 190855.png
    3 MB · Views: 71
Sorry can't help,but you Might get more info posting at fish with Rod.

No worries. I've tried registering but the website is pretty janky. I can't get a confirmation email sent to me so that I can log in. Can't seem to get a hold of anyone either.

That’s the only thing I can think of y some would be upset , that said I fished that area before also and seen many people fishing there.
Some people are special but I ain’t going there…

No worries. I've tried registering but the website is pretty janky. I can't get a confirmation email sent to me so that I can log in. Can't seem to get a hold of anyone either.
Rod says he's fixing the website by the end of this year. I think a couple years ago the river changed course and is now through res land. Now they think the river is theirs. Could be wrong though 🤷

Back