Check out my project Arima.

Bifmalibu

Got it off CL.

ae019c39-81be-70c2.jpg

ae019c39-81d1-5d8c.jpg

I'm ripping all the wood and wiring out. It needs a good clean up and some elbow grease. Should be fishing soon.

Sent from my HTC

What year is that poor thing, to be in that bad of shape all ready. You have a great project boat there to start with. What all do you have to it?

:cool:Yeah, I saw that when it was first posted. Bif has already stripped all the rotted wood trim from the looks of his photos. If it kept dropping in price like it did in the first week, I'm sure it'll be worth it!

Its an '85, 17' Sea Chaser. I paid 2k for it. It's basically a bare hull. It's dirty but solid as the day it was made. I estimate 8-9 grand to be fishing. I'll post pics as I progress if people care.

Sent from my HTC

It amazes me how people that have these nice boats can let them go to $hit like that. More money than brains I guess.

This one was always stored.out doors, never covered but it wasn't beat either. Nothing is broken or shows signs of abuse.

Sent from my HTC

Nice score Rob, keep us posted, love the bringing them back threads
gonna have her ready for the summer or is that pushing it?
any plans for power yet?

Once a well made hull, always a well made hull. Those old Arimas are bomb-proof. Great opportunity to put a nice 4-stroke on her with hydraulic steering.... and a fixed kicker bracket! Those Arima-stock OMC brackets are junk.

Here's an add-on I did to mine :

IMG_3230.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a lead on a couple Yamaha's, one 90 and one carbd 100hp. I should be fishing in under 6 weeks with a bit of luck.

Sent from my HTC

I have all the running gear, steering, electronics that you would need reasonably priced, I sent you a private message check your inbox for my phone number.

Sure you've thought of it already, but I'd recommend trimtabs to keep that nose down!

Lazoman, '84 seachaser, 115 jonny

Back