changing leg oil on yammy T8

Islandgirl

I was going to change the leg oil on my yammy kicker. Is is necessary to replace the gaskets on the screws?

62802394477903127812153.jpg

The manaufacturer recommends it, but as long as hey are not completely crushed you're probably ok.
what a rip at $2 each !!

Gaskets looked good..job done!
thanks for your input

62802394477903127812153.jpg

Cheers All,

The gaskets are compressed fibre and, when placed into water, they expand and result in a complete seal. When you take them off they may or may not seal again correctly as they are designed for only a one time use.

If they were to leak then salt water would seep into the gear case and the resulting damage can never be less than the cost of a new gasket. Let me see...my rig is worth thousands and I'm going to worry about a $2.00 part? I don't think so...mine gets changed each and every time. To avoid paying the $2.00/gasket purchse them in bulk (50/package) and you will save 50%.

Just my $2.00 cents worth.... ;)

Fishing Guide
www.invictuscharters.com
BC Outdoors Pro Staff
www.fishingvancouverisland.org

X2 fishing guide save 2 bucks now or pay$$$ later why bother but go ahead do what you wish but knowing what may happen down the road you may get lucky.

Good luck wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

The gaskets are compressed fibre and, when placed into water, they expand and result in a complete seal

In my case they are an opaque white plastic that do not compress
much, i can't see much diff. between a used one and a new one.
however , the OEM people need to make $$$ thus the 500% markup
on most marine parts. :(

Back