Cell Phones

• Thread starter Thread starter Bravefart
  • Start date Start date
B

Bravefart

At present I have a Telus cell phone.
I will shortly be replacing my cell, and hopefully be fishing more on the WCVI, most likely around the Toquart Bay area.
Is there a preferred service provider, that works better in that area.
Thanks
Davie

I have a rogers phone and it's pretty much useless off the beaten path. It's fine near civilization.

A friend of mine is a commercial fisherman. He fishes out of Ucluelet. I remember him telling me a couple of years ago that the rogers phones were crap once he got a bit off shore. He switched to Telus and he said the reception was MUCH better.

Knowing what I know about my rogers phone and if I were heading to Toquart, I would fully expect that I would have no signal in that area. There are parts in Qualicum Beach where I cannot get a signal never mind Toquart bay. My plan is to switch to telus when my contract is up.

Cheers.

Edited by - kildonan on 06/02/2005 16:13:56

I have a rogers phone and it's pretty much useless off the beaten path. It's fine near civilization.

A friend of mine is a commercial fisherman. He fishes out of Ucluelet. I remember him telling me a couple of years ago that the rogers phones were crap once he got a bit off shore. He switched to Telus and he said the reception was MUCH better.

Knowing what I know about my rogers phone and if I were heading to Toquart, I would fully expect that I would have no signal in that area. There are parts in Qualicum Beach where I cannot get a signal never mind Toquart bay. My plan is to switch to telus when my contract is up.

Cheers.

Edited by - kildonan on 06/02/2005 16:13:56

Kildonan
Appreciate the response.
Looks like I should stick with Telus.

Davie

Kildonan
Appreciate the response.
Looks like I should stick with Telus.

Davie

Back