CC boats

nedarb2

Hey guys, looking around why dont we see very many Center Console boats up here? Besides the weather, are there any other major reasons? Also, there a '89 25' Grady white W/A for sale if any1 is interested ;)

Can't think of anything aside from the weather. My buddy has a 17' Boston Whaler Montauk that is awesome for fishing. However, when its raining it sucks. There is just nowhere to hide. Perhaps its a bit different on a larger center console with a big T-Top and a full windshield, but they still aren't nearly as comfortable as a nice walkaround. There is also nowhere to sleep which limits their use for weekend fishing trips. And, of course, women often don't love them because they typically (unless you have a very large center console) don't have a head. And how many guys don't have women who are influencing their boat purchase?

lol my mom aint :P alright thanks, were looking at 22-26' boats so they have t-tops/hardtops, and most have heads..i dont personaly need one as we havnt used the one in our boat once..some of the larger cc also have cuddys in the front for sleeping

Yeah, I've seen a couple of center consoles with cuddies in the front. Those are pretty big boats though. I think you're probably looking at something bigger than 26'?

I do love the center consoles. Apparently Tyee Lodge in Bamfield likes them because thats what they use for their guide boats. Huge Aluminum ones that cut through waves like nothing I've ever seen. Eaglecraft? Not sure.

Unfortunately, I won't be owning one anytime soon because they aren't really very friendly for little kids (2,4 & 6)!

You may also encounter resale issues in the pacific northwest since there is not as much demand for center consoles in these parts...

If you're really serious about one, check out the American NE. You could save yourself a bundle and the selection is really good.

Well I for one purposely bought a CC for the fishablity and the driveing as I love to be in the middle of the boat and standing when it get's snotty. I bought a 21' Grady and they handle the big water great. 98% of the time I fish 2% of the time I want to sleep on it and I can use the $10,000 I saved on a cuddy and put it towards a comfortable cabin or rent an RV. I love my boat and I had a custom canvas made for it so I can be completely out of the weather and it's all isinglass so I can see and drive with no problems. If you are looking for a CC I have another 21' Grady With a T-Top and GPS and a 225hp Yammy with warranty till 2010 with a aluminum i beam tandem axle trailer for sale as my brother isn;t guiding locally like we thought he went back to the Charlottes and we need to sell the boat. It has 50 total hours and if you are interested I can give you a smoking deal as this boat is worth $90,000 CDN new and I can save you tens of thousands.

SWC

thanks saltwater cowboy, appreciate the offer but were looking for something a little bigger.. I know youve been trying to sell your 2nd boat for awhile so the market around here for CC isnt very good so ide better get something we definetly want for a while. Is a t-top sufficient most of the time, or is the extra canvas worth getting? We'de only fish the westcoast maybe 3 or 4 times a year, and the rest of the time would be in the gulf islands prawning, crabbing, or enjoying the day while doing some fishing.

Back